Get to know our Team:
The People Operations (Pops) team strives to revolutionise human resources the same way that Grab has revolutionized transportation. We serve to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our Grabbers.
Get to know the Role:
As a hyper-growing organisation, we are looking to hire a Senior HR Generalist for our team in Myanmar. We care about people and results. We tend to lose sleep over them as this is hyper not easy.
We are looking for a resourceful, go-getting and hungry to learn People Operations team mate. You will be working closely with our business in the country, formulating people solutions and driving initiatives which really matter.
This role covers full spectrum of HR and manages the day-to-day People Operations function for Myanmar. Primary scope include on-boarding, employee relations, compensation & benefit, retention, performance management, learning & development. Though not directly responsible for talent acquisition, you are expected to collaborate with talent acquisition team to ensure the best talent is identified and retained to meet the business requirements.
This role is integral to supporting our employees and aids in fostering a proactive, mission first, high performance culture.
Based in Yangon, you will report to the Regional Head of Country People Operations.
The day-to-day activities:
- Deliver effective People Operations services
- Actively provide advance level support and internal consulting to managers and leads
- Build relationships with managers and leads at all levels and ensure responsive People services are provided
- Deliver efficient and effective on-boarding experience for new hires
- Manage the payroll and benefits administration to ensure accurate payroll and timely payment
- Manage salary review and bonus review and payout cycles Policies, Procedures and Legislation
- Maintain the employee handbook through regular reviews and update where necessary, especially where there are legislation changes
- Update and prepare Regional People Operations and country management team on key people related legislation changes
- Regular review to simplify processes and communicate changes in a timely and transparent manner to stakeholders
- Performance Management
- Manage and collaborate with Business Partner
- Performance Management cycles
- Drive and provide guidance, advice and training to managers on managing performance issues at all levels
- Talent Management and Retention
- Deploy on-boarding & assimilation programs and obtain necessary work visas for diverse workforce
- Develop and deploy employee engagement and culture building initiatives, and implement retention strategies
- Learning needs analysing and preparing training plan
- Employee Relations
- Manage disputes and grievances effectively
- Management of exits, including conducting of exit interviews to reduce regret attrition
The must haves:
- Care Deeply to find creative solutions to shape and elevate the employee experience
- 7+ years in a HR position
- Demonstrated competence in HR operational excellence, coaching, compensation, and employee relation
- Solid knowledge of employment law in Myanmar
- Deep professional and functional experience in at least one area in Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relation & HR Compliance and/or Learning & Development
- Track record coaching leaders and advising action in sensitive or ambiguous situations, including employee relations, performance management, or learning development.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and team effectively at all levels
- Results oriented and hands on’
- Highly organised, able to work independently
- Able to thrive in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) environment
- Self motivated, self confident, stress resistant
- Technologically savvy
- Good English communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Organisational Psychology, or related area preferred
Good to Have:
- Natural passion to make a meaningful impact on the lives of people around you
- Love for technical things and working knowledge of the fast paced start-up world