Remote Office in Myanmar (Yangon)
- Responsible for the overall country targets. Generate revenue in top accounts, coordinate with Inside Sales team and Partner team to maximise revenue, coordinate with marketing for demand generation activities in the territory, assist in the creation of account development plans, ensure that sales workload is prioritized, assist team members in the development and closure of opportunities, track performance of team members closely, ensure total customer satisfaction with VMware’s commercial activity.
- Collaboration with various teams including Channel team, Inside Sales team, presales team and various Business team to drive best outcomes for customers and partners.
- Forecast and deliver bookings in region, driving directly all opportunities by staying very active in the field and working closely with the team members
- Leverage business generated by partners with end customers.
- Apply a solution-selling approach; orchestrate resources external to the team, particularly channel partners through which most sales will be fulfilled.
- Create direct strategic relationships with senior decision makers within named/focused accounts.
- Sell Professional Services via the most strategic accounts and leverage the PS Organization in order to strengthen the relationship within the end customers to increase the deal size
- Represents the company, customer needs and market trends as the senior executive within the country
- Provides local leadership and management to all VMware employees in-country, including matrix reporting team members; represents the needs of VMware employees in-country to Nascent Leadership and SEAK Leadership.
- Ability to understand and sell Public cloud solutions.
This role will report directly to the General Manager and Sales Director for Nascent Markets
An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in business, marketing, or computer sciences. A post-graduate degree, such as an MBA, would be highly valued. Also required is a demonstrated proficiency as a successful Senior Sales Representative, Business Development and Account Executive in a professional sales environment, having come from a similar vendor environment in the local region. Personal sales and relationship building credibility and networks with key customers/industries is a must, together with a significant track record of accomplishments selling in the enterprise market. The successful candidate will be expected to bring knowledge of a large number of relevant customers and channel partners across the region. The candidate should be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present and articulate VMware’s value proposition and deliver outcome-based business cases to C-level decision makers. Previous experience of working within a matrix environment would be highly valued. Moreover, experience within a System Integrator/Strategic Outsourcer will be advantageous due to the importance of the service/solution selling approach.
- Excellent knowledge of the local market in general with the context of experience working in a MNC environment
- Demonstrated proficiency as a sales leader in a professional sales / enterprise software environment
- Strong people management skills and relationship management skills
- Strong knowledge of consultative selling to get results
- Proven relationships in large accounts and key industries, and an ability to develop new customers
- Able to maturely and elegantly manage complex relationships (sell with, sell through and sell to) with VMware OEMs, Strategic Alliances/Partners and Enterprise customers
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and ability in enterprise software sales to enterprise IT management
- Proven skills in the field within the given territory, selling through channel and direct
- Knowledge in selling complex system infrastructure products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-02
Sales: VMware’s Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.