With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and implement the National Office security strategy in alignment with WV security policy so as to ensure the operational priorities of the National Office are appropriately supported.
- Ensure Security Risk Assessments, Country Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement standards, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with current Office of Corporate Security guidelines and training
- Provide leadership/ management of the security team in country
- Work with the National Director and Regional Security Director to carry out Security Risk Assessments as required/directed.
- Country Risk Ratings are established and updated as required
- Ensure Core Security Requirements are implemented in line with Country Risk Ratings
- Provide input and support to management in crisis situations and critical incidents
- Conduct security investigations when required.
Networking and External Liaison/Engagement
- Represent WV at INGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination.
Capacity Building and Technical Training
- Coordinate the assessment, development and
- implementation of the national office capacity
- building plan for security management based on
- local security risk assessments.
- Seek to develop a culture of security awareness
- and monitor staff compliance.
Reporting and Documentation
- Provide a regular security report to the National Office, Region and Office of Corporate Security.
- Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
- Conduct performance reviews of the field-based security focal persons.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately
Knowledge/Qualifications For The Role
- At least (5) years experience in a proven security or emergency service field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors) at operations and strategic level
- Minimum (3) years experience working with UN Agency / NGO plus field security experience.
- Myanmar National
- Master degree or equivalent experience.
- Safety and Security Training
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training.
- NRC, valid driving license
- Practical knowledge of tools, mechanisms and procedures for personal and organizational security.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)
- First Aid qualified
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only