A fast-growing, VC-backed logistics tech company in Myanmar is hiring a Chief Product Officer to lead the company's vision and implementation of its multi-faceted tech product and services.
As a strategic leader, the Chief Product Officer is in charge of a broad scope of product-related activities:
- Creating the Product strategy and Product vision
- Advising and being hands on with Product design
- Leading quantitative and qualitative user research to understand usage, pain points, improvements, etc.
- Leading product development and implementation
- Advising, and at times becoming hands-on with, product growth and marketing
- Structuring and building out the product organization
- Interviewing, recruiting, and supervising product employees and teams
Below are some specific skills needed to excel in the role:
- Excellent leadership skills to supervise and oversee the entire product organization. This ensures that initiatives run smoothly across internal teams, customers, and stakeholders.
- Facilitate communication across the company (between engineers, designers, marketers, customer-facing teams, etc.)
- Experience in managing and mobilizing cross-functional teams.
Strategic product vision
- Responsible for the “why” of the product and what to build next
- Align the company around their overarching vision. When it comes to individual features and products
- Ensure that they are in line with business objectives and make adjustments when necessary.
Sensitivity to customers and users
- Deeply understand the problems, needs, and desires of customers
- Identify proper positioning in the market
An eye for data
- Make objective, data-driven decisions by defining the metrics related to product performance and tracking them on an ongoing basis
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Background in software development and program management is preferred
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field