Crossover is the world's #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, GT School. Have you got what it takes?
High school graduates who can score a 1600 on the SAT but can’t take personal responsibility for their choices? Not on our watch.
You’ve seen the horror stories: gifted and talented young people who lack the basic life skills to navigate adulthood independently. GT School is here to change that. Not only do we believe gifted & talented (GT) students are capable of performing at the highest level academically, we want to ensure they have the core skills to succeed in life. Skills like grit, determination, and time management are essential!
Join us to curate a fun, engaging, fully-remote life skills curriculum. In this role, you will identify the life skills students need to learn, deconstructing these broad, vague terms into specific, concrete skills to master. Then, you’ll find or create a curriculum that passes rigorous evaluation standards and adapt it for a remote learning environment. Finally, you’ll create innovative, real-world scenarios where students can demonstrate their mastery of each component skill.
If this sounds like a challenge that’s perfect for you, apply today!
What You Will Be Doing
- Identify and develop life skills programs
- Deploy the program in a remote environment
- Test students for mastery learning
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Delivering the life skills program yourself - we believe learning works best when it’s self-paced and student-led.
- Developing a series of lectures, readings, or videos - we believe learning happens through hands-on activities that are so fun kids forget they’re learning!
- Designing a program where everyone can succeed on the first try - we believe kids value challenges as much as adults do, so you’ll design assessments that have high quality standards and allow kids to fail forward.
Curriculum Designer Key Responsibilities
Ensure GT School students master the life skills necessary for success.
- Possess an advanced college degree (Masters, PhD, etc.) in any subject
- 5+ years of experience creating trainings, programs, or curriculum
- Passion for life skills education
- Personal experience with the needs and motivations of gifted & talented students - either you were one, are raising one, or have extensive professional experience working with this population
About GT School
GT School is a stealth educational startup in Austin, Texas, the center of educational innovation in the US. We are building an online community focusing on the most underserved customer base in US education - GT kids (gifted and talented). We are a remote first company who hires globally via Crossover.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $200 USD/hour, which equates to $400,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4672-PH-NCRNatio-CurriculumDesi