Customer Sales Director
At SumTotal, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Customer Sales Director (the CSD) will clearly articulate and demonstrate the Human Capital Management methodologies and best practices to SumTotal’s prospect base, working closely with the solution Architects organisation to drive new name new business growth in the allocated region.
The CSD partners with the Sumtotal professional services team and partner network to drive impactful value and develop new name customer relationships to drive the APAC regions growth. They are also the primary account owner and trusted advisor to customer stakeholders and project teams and are responsible for driving customer engagement and improvement as well as success and value throughout the customer lifecycle.
The CSD brings experience and knowledge in creating and driving impactful initiatives through the practice of SumTotal’s strategic Human Capital Management methodologies and emphasises on SumTotal’s technology efficiencies, effectiveness, and outcomes.
The roles primary goal is the development of prospect planning, and the delivery new name pipeline growth resulting in the acquisition of new name customer agreements for Sumtotal. Consulting with all levels and focusing on business impact is also critical to the role.
The CSD will sell complex enterprise solutions supported by the best sales talent, training and tools in the e-learning Industry with the accountability to win new business and develop existing accounts for the leading global provider of e-learning content and technology.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the SumTotal Systems consultative and solution selling process.
- Apply solution and consultative sales skills to manage account cycles and close sales in complex, long sell cycle situations.
- Set face to face meetings with business leaders and decision makers including "C" level executives within our target marketplace to generate new business via prospecting.
- Deliver customer presentations that are top notch and articulate the SumTotal Systems Value Proposition.
- Develop, maintain and grow an ongoing sales pipeline by accurately forecasting in Sales Force.
- Leverage prospecting skills to identify, qualify and close new business.
- Achieve (over) quarterly and annual quotas by building and delivering on quarterly business reviews.
- Developing a positive working relationship with internal stakeholder, such as solutions architect, professional services and marketing teams as well as external stakeholders.
- Travel up to 30% of the time.
Skills & Qualifications
- A strong track record of selling into the South East Asia market.
- 10+ years’ experience in field sales in the technology industry is required and a track record of achieving/exceeding sales targets.
- Ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximise revenue growth.
- Ability to call high in an organisation and interact with senior level corporate management.
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency, assertiveness, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude.
- Ability to clearly articulate the company's offerings and develop solutions for customers and prospects.
- Experience using Salesforce and other digital business tools.
- Demonstrated expertise in the talent, workforce management and learning, or digital technology industry; proven ability to articulate its features and benefits to all levels of the business enterprise, including understanding of the customer's business drivers.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
More About Skillsoft
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets - their people - and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.