Who We Are at Elemy:
Elemy, formerly Sprout Therapy, is building the first managed marketplace for in-home chronic medical care, starting with pediatric autism. Over 1.5M children in the US are affected by autism, and nearly 30% of families are dissatisfied with the care they receive. Elemy is working tirelessly to change this by providing in-home care and leveraging cutting edge AI-powered technology to deliver a better experience to families, providers, and healthcare payers.
Since launching in April 2020, Elemy has become one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the United States, scaling from 4 to over 1000 team members in under 18 months, and on track to grow revenue by over 600% this year. The company is backed by leading investors in healthcare and technology, including General Catalyst, Founders Fund, SignalFire, e.ventures, 8VC, Felicis Ventures, and Bling Capital.
About the Role
The Customer Service Associate will act as the family’s primary point of contact from collecting all essential information and documentation required to enable Sprout families to schedule and begin their Functional Behavior Assessment. This role will involve a blend of skills, including, customer service, consulting, and operations.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and coordinate all activities required to bring Sprout families from the insurance verification intake stage to the start of their ABA therapy
- Answer inbound and make outbound family calls in a polite, upbeat and friendly manner
- Consistently follow up with families in a timely manner concerning pending required information, documentation, or family inquiries or concerns
- Coordinate with Assessing BCBAs to schedule the family’s Functional Behavior Assessment
- Work with the family to determine an ongoing care schedule that offers optimal care hours and insurance utilization
- Coordinate cross-functionally with Sprout’s support teams to ensure fast and efficient processing of insurance authorizations, to mitigate delays in care.
- Utilize an array of operational systems, such as, Salesforce, Open Phone, Slack, Google Workspace, & Coda to complete your daily tasks
- Maintain important documentation and administrative information pertaining to family care preparation
- Utilize available resources and follow protocol to answer questions, ask qualifying questions and educate callers
- Understand federal and state requirements regarding client confidentiality and the principles of maintaining protected health information (PHI), such as HIPAA
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience, knowledge or interest in pediatrics, autism, behavioral health or similar field (Previous ABA experience is a plus)
- Familiarity with the US HealthCare system is preferred
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of HIPAA compliance and privacy measures is preferred
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated telephone etiquette
- Previous experience with call center applications such as Salesforce, Google Workspace (Google docs, Google drive, Google Sheets) is preferred
At Elemy, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located throughout the world, including in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Toronto, Montreal, Manila and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face-to-face collaboration with a remote-friendly environment.