About Our Company:
Threadly is a California based custom apparel startup with 3 brands within our portfolio including Threadly, College Thread, and Greek House.
Our most prominent brands, College Thread and Greek House are the leading suppliers of custom apparel to colleges and universities. We are a fast growing Inc. 5000 company, ranking in the top 16% on the list of the fastest growing privately owned companies in America. Threadly also ranked #3 on the Gator 100, a list of the 100 fastest growing companies with founders from the University of Florida.
We are also one of the largest license holders of College Licenses to print official merchandise for the organizations and universities. With the recent launch of gothreadly.com, we plan to tackle the Corporate Merchandising Market in 2022.
More on the company and role:
We're hiring a Customer Support Team Leader — and this might be the dream job for someone who loves systems, working across departments, and helping customers. If you like to rise above the standards most people set and aim for excellence in everything you do, take great pride in your work, and are already recognized as a "quiet leader" who is the person everyone around you counts on — then this might be the perfect job for you.
You'll be working hands-on with our Founder — we doubled in 2021 despite the Covid supply chain disruption, and so we're bringing on someone who is a great person, very reliable, who loves systems and getting results in a disciplined way. We're looking for someone with the right type of mind and thinking style — perhaps you studied engineering, or a similar types of very disciplined work style — and you'll be mentored hands- on by our Founder on logistics, technology, and teamwork skills so you can be an incredibly effective leader and executive.
This will be a very challenging but very fun job. Company-wide we have 65 people in the United States, Philippines and India. If all goes well, you'll be in the top ranks working alongside the Founders of the company. Please don't be shy about applying if you think of yourself as a quiet leader and have only led smaller teams — if you've got "the right stuff", we'll know and do some great work together. Looking forward to hearing from you and potentially doing some great work together.
More on who we’re looking for:
We're looking for a "Customer Support Lead" who will eventually completely take over the Customer Support Department. This will include close collaboration with Karthik to start, and gradually completely taking over all customer facing processes and communications with internal and external stakeholders. This person has the ability to work cross functionally with multiple departments to better serve the customers' needs through effective communication, driven by data, and process oriented.
This person should take immense pride in their team's work, and approach the world in a customer centric way, but systematic in driving the business forward. They should be able to handle high volumes of requests from multiple stakeholders and properly prioritize their team's workload to better serve the customer. This person could have been a Vice President and/or Director in Customer Support, Customer Service, Operations, or Supply Chain.
In order, they'll (1) review and build Training & Resources, (2) Establish and manage different queues to support customers, (4) understand reporting and long-term strategy of the business, (5) understand and leverage all of the systems, (6) Implement new processes to reduce friction cross-functionally, (7) work with team members to provide continuous feedback and reviews, and (8) hire, interview, and onboard new team members, and (9) optimize the customer support team to drive additional revenue.
The logical promotion path for this role might be to Chief Operating Officer, if they're good. This person might be a former COO/Operations Manager, or someone with an engineering background with experience in a customer facing role. They're probably a little more extroverted, but also enjoy doing deep thinking to solve complex problems by providing a simple solution.
Daily operations can change quickly as is expected with a high growth company.
Currently, the job responsibilities include:
- Report to the Exec Team on Customer Support department
- Own the following KPIs: Customer Satisfaction, Gross Profit Margin, Case Resolution Time, Case Handle Time, Customer Effort Score, Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Oversee a team of Customer Support Managers, Associates, and Assistants to ensure an amazing customer experience
- Perform 1 on 1’s with each Customer Support Team Member
- Manage Communication related to orders with customers and internal departments
- Work with customers to find resolutions to order issues and escalations
- Create Salesforce Dashboards and Reports to Optimize Ops workflow
- Create & Implement OKR’s for the Customer Support Department
- Manage Customer Support Projects
- Create SOPs’ and Trainings for New Employees
- Run weekly Customer Support Meetings
- Work with Customer Support Team to align Operations department
- Work with design team to fix errors and increase efficiency
- Interview, Hire, and Onboard New Employees
- Conduct workshops for the Customer Support Team alongside other teams to ensure team members are being trained on new systems, processes, and policies
- Work on special projects and other ad hoc tasks assigned by the Management
What we’re looking fo:
- Conversational, Reading, and Writing English is an absolute must
- 8+ years of experience in Customer Service/Support, Operations & Management
- MBA Preferred
- Previous Management of Team larger than 30 people
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work on complex/multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Enjoys working with customers
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud or other enterprise level Customer Service Tools a plus
- High attention to detail
- Project Management experience
- Product Management experience
- Expert in MS-Excel is Preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive annual salary
- Health insurance (India)
- Growth Opportunities within Company
- Paid Leave Policy
- Fun and Growth Minded Work culture
- 92000 PHP - 118000 PHP/month