Accelevents, a virtual & hybrid events platform, is a rapidly growing seed-stage startup hiring aggressively to support our expansion. At Accelevents, we are passionate about our team, our culture, our technology, and customer success.
WE FOCUS ON OUR CLIENTS
As event experts ourselves, we identify with our clients and focus on delivering the best possible experience for them.
WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE
We know that our people are the key to creating a successful experience for our clients, making our team our most valuable asset!
WE EMBRACE THE NEW REMOTE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
As a remote employee you will never feel disconnected from the team - between messaging on Slack, joining weekly team video calls, one on one conversations with managers and colleagues, and our monthly full team happy hour, you will feel like we're all in the same office!
WE REWARD SUCCESS
Regardless of your area of expertise, consistent success will be rewarded with opportunity and upward mobility.
WE CELEBRATE DIVERSITY
We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of our employees and our clients. We are committed to equity and creating an inclusive environment for our employees and believe that diversity drives our innovation and culture. We strive to create a workforce that represents the global reach of our client base.
Our Customer Experience team is one of the main drivers of growth for our event platform, especially since we are a global reach company. As a Customer Support Representative you'll work with a range of customers, from those putting on their first virtual or hybrid event, to those who are seasoned professionals. Regardless of their expertise we treat all of our clients as if they were the most important client ever. Internally, you'll work with our Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to collaborate, innovate, and expand our platform, service, and company culture.
If this job description resonates with you, we would love to consider adding your talent to our team!
Responsibilities and goals you'll own:
Our ideal applicant is someone who has a background in both online customer support and managing multiple customers at a time. This candidate must possess a driven intellect, emotional intelligence when engaging with customers, and a spirit of resilience while adapting to a quickly flourishing work environment.
The Customer Experience team is the main point of contact with our customers. As a Customer Support Representative, you will be responsible for fielding questions from our customers from event setup to execution. As such, you will master our product, and learn the platform inside and out.
Our team at Accelevents is all about ensuring our customers are happy and that their events go off without a hitch. This means not only answering support questions, but figuring out how to prevent questions in the first place by improving our documentation, advocating for our customer's feature requests, identifying key areas of improvement, etc.
As a Customer Support Representative at Accelevents, you will have an integral role in leveraging feedback to shape and evolve our platform, while advocating for and fueling the company vision.
Customer Support Representatives will be responsible for:
- Fielding questions and holding conversations with customers on a daily basis (both over the phone and via our website chat feature)
- Mastering the Accelevents platform, knowing its features inside & out.
- Consulting with customers to help improve their experience during event setup and execution
- Respond to a variety of incoming support, sales and product inquiries from new and existing customers in a timely, professional and effective manner
- Handling complex customer requests or complaints from initial contact to resolution
- Take responsibility to ensure customers have a great experience with our product
- Working with the Product team to report common user issues, suggest improvements and convey any other relevant feedback
- Observing customer behaviors and pain points in order to help further develop our product and enhance the customer experience
- Participate in beta testing of new and existing products/features
- Working directly with customers one on one to support their live events
This role is an independent contractor role and is entirely remote but only in the Philippines.**
- Ability to multitask while paying great attention to detail
- Comfortable working remotely -- highly self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- At least 1 year of experience supporting a technical product, preferably for a SaaS startup
- English-speaking proficiency is required; additional language skills besides English a plus
- Extremely strong written skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of activities with varying priorities
- Availability to work 40 hours per week within the hours of 3am-8pm ET
You'll love (and excel at) this job if:
What your days will look like:
- You're super comfortable working remotely on a distributed team – in fact, that's exactly what you're looking for
- You're tech-savvy, yet personable and possess natural problem-solving abilities
- You genuinely enjoy making customers happy - it's just part of your nature
- You're in the loop on the latest technology products and updates, and our evolving competitive industry
- You perform duties with timeliness, dependability, and hold yourself accountable for keeping commitments and delivering the best possible performance
- You have a way with words — you're clear, friendly, and concise
- You have focus, patience, and the ability to switch gears easily (from client to client, but also from client to projects and back)
- You don't need to be told what to do. After you learn your job, you need very little guidance – you take the initiative to jump in and get things done
- You like making things easier for customers and colleagues. If there's a roadblock, you want to overcome it
- You're a people person - you seek to empower and educate others with an empathetic approach
- You love learning about new ways of doing things and challenging yourself everyday
- You're not afraid to bring relevant issues to the table, but will also come with helpful solutions/suggestions
- You're comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without complete information – that's OK!
- …and last, but certainly not least, someone who will ALWAYS put the customer first..
Tech we use:
- Provide exceptional support to our customers mainly via chat and phone
- Create product documentation for the knowledge base (text, screenshots, and video/audio)
- Advocate for the customer and communicate their feedback to the Product team
- Constantly look for ways to improve the customer experience, whether through avenues of customer communication, internal process improvements, internal/external tools, etc.
- Escalate items to Product and Engineering Teams when needed by researching, troubleshooting, writing a bug report, etc.
- Google Suite
If you're excited about this role and you think you've got the chops, you should apply!
Why work with us?
- Join an exciting and fast-paced company where your work improves the company every day
- Help us grow and refine the best virtual events platform on the market, while growing and developing yourself as an individual
- Take advantage of significant opportunity for professional growth and ability to see the results of your hard work quickly
- Enjoy a permanently remote working environment that was established pre-2020
- Contribute to a strong culture of positivity, teamwork, and fun!
- For full-time employees based in the U.S, be covered by a competitive benefits package including:
- Strong healthcare plan with 100% of employee premiums paid for medical, dental, and vision coverage and 40% of premiums paid for dependents
- Annual contributions to a health savings account (HSA) by Accelevents depending on the healthcare plan chosen
- Short-term disability and long-term disability plans
- Accelevents-sponsored life insurance
- Holiday schedule following the stock market holiday calendar plus three floating holidays
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation, sick/wellness, and personal leave, with a recommended minimum of 15 days off per year
- Technology reimbursement for office equipment
Accelevents is an all-in-one virtual & hybrid events platform that empowers event organizers and marketing professionals to create authentic human connections and memorable experiences. As a leading event technology platform, Accelevents is redefining the way brands connect with their audiences with a user-friendly yet robust set of customizable and interactive features. Attendees can watch keynote talks, attend multiple breakout sessions, engage within workshops, interact with virtual exhibitors, network with groups or individuals, answer polls, download materials, and participate in live chats. Accelevents supports multi-faceted online, hybrid, and in-person conferences, summits, fundraisers, educational seminars, team building events, community networking, festivals, and more.