Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience working with analytical tools and/or data analysis (e.g. SQL, Python, Business Intelligence/dashboards).
- Ability to work on a rotating basis, including weekend coverage.
- Experience analyzing large data sets using up-to-date tools (e.g. MapReduce, Hadoop).
- Experience leading cross-functional projects across organizational boundaries.
- Experience and passion for developing detailed operational processes from scratch.
- Ability to work independently and complete projects from beginning to end and in a timely manner. Ability to navigate and influence cross-team stakeholders. Strong leadership skills.
- Expertise in multiple product areas and ability to balance workload across both.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to clearly communicate technical concepts with multiple cross-regional and cross-functional stakeholders.
About The Job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
The Search team within Trust and Safety is working with technologies in order to keep users safe and improve the quality of Google's Search results. As part of this team, you will develop and manage cross-functional relationships with Engineering, Product, Legal, and Operations teams in a multifaceted effort to improve our processes for identifying and resolving policy and quality issues on Search. You'll be responsible for the execution of complex projects with a diverse group of stakeholders. You will understand the user's point of view and be passionate about using your combined technical and business acumen to protect our users. You will be responsible to analyze market trends, set forward-looking strategy, and implement scaled solutions to solve user safety and quality issues, to ensure a high-quality user experience across Search products.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Lead projects to protect Google Search users from abuse, inappropriate content, and fraud through investigation, prevention and removal of quality issues. Lead projects to ensure Google Search complies with regulations.
- Work across user centric issues in search result that prevent user harm.
- Troubleshoot issues and product vulnerabilities to implement large-scale quality improvements. Analyze and identify new abuse trends. Develop insights and recommendations to enable effective and systematic solutions.
- Conduct complex and actionable data analyses as well as identify new signals to improve search quality. Drive the utilization of these signals to completion.
- Manage operational work with expected turnaround time and within quality standards. Enhance operational workflows via process improvements. Identify automation and efficiency opportunities independently and proactively.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .