Eskwelabs is an online data upskilling school based in Manila. We are on a mission to provide a fun and exciting way to learn the most advanced cutting-edge skills for people of any background through data education and job placement. Eskwelabs designs and delivers part-time blended learning programs that help workers launch new careers and upskill in data science skills.
Eskwelabs is a social impact startup founded in Singapore with the support of international investors. We’re looking for passionate and talented team players who want to make a difference in people's lives, enter the world of advanced technology education, and push the limits of innovation in Southeast Asia.
Since 2019, Eskwelabs has served more than 3,000 learners. Our founders are recognized by Forbes as 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs, and our programs have been certified by the Education Alliance of Finland for our excellence in pedagogy. Eskwelabs was the winner of the “Digital Skills for Today's Workforce” challenge organized by the Asian Development Bank for two years in a row.
Why Become an Instructor?
We are building a diverse group of practitioners at the intersections of tech, data science, and business – lead the online instruction delivery portions of our part-time blended learning programs. Instructors get to upskill and inspire tomorrow’s innovators, polish their own speaking and leadership skills, and join Eskwelabs’ movement to empower people with the skills of the future through community.
Being part of the instructor pool provides you with access to the monthly updates on teaching opportunities in Eskwelabs’ recurring and upcoming projects. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about upcoming projects depending on their skills and availability.
What will you gain from the experience?
- Inspire - Teach our learners to acquire the necessary skills for data science and business analytics. Motivate them to achieve their goals and grow as successful individuals
- Grow - Develop your professional and leadership skills in pedagogy, curriculum development, and lesson plans together with our education team committed to continuous learning
- Collaborate - Work and connect with the most passionate and self-driven individuals from the diverse team, co-instructors, partners, and mentors!
- Contribute - Share your expertise with our aspiring data scientists and help them create their best learning experience with Eskwelabs
- About The Role
- What we're looking for
- We are looking for instructors for our Data Analytics Bootcamp (topics: using SQL, PowerBI, and Excel for data analytics), and our training for corporate partners. This is a remote part-time opportunity.
- We are looking for instructors to teach at least one of the following topics:
- Business intelligence and data analytics
- SQL and database management
- Creating data visualizations in Excel, PowerBI, Tableau, or Python
- Handling and manipulating datasets in Excel, PowerBI, and SQL
- Do you have another expertise related to the world of data that is not listed above? Let us know!
- Do you have to be a professional trainer/professor to apply?
- No! While we value prior experience in education, some of our most successful instructors have come straight from the industry! We understand that data science and business analytics are fields where much of the most relevant experience is with those currently employed as analysts, data scientists, machine learning engineers, or managers. If you have a strong mastery of the tools acquired at a high-achieving industry team and have a passion for helping others, we can help you to transfer your knowledge into a potent educational experience for our learners.
- What you'll do
- Eskwelabs has a unique pedagogical focus on project-based learning, meaning that instead of teaching a list of topics, you will design a project that students work through in order to learn the subject matter while providing a real-life example of relevant project work. Our students love to learn through application, and building out their portfolios is the best way Eskwelabs has found to teach the fast-moving data skills of the 21st century.
- You will design the "project sprint" that students will go through. The easiest way to do this is to model it on a real project that you have already performed in your recent experience and to reconstruct it as a learning experience. Although project sprint durations vary widely, a typical benchmark is 10-30 hours spread out over 2 weeks.
- You will provide live video instruction to walk the students through your project sprint. The hours will depend on the program (bootcamps run in the evening, corporate training run during the day).
- You will have to abide by the Eskwelabs quality standards and receive support from the Eskwelabs education team to structure your sprint in order to be educational and fun for all involved. Eskwelabs rates will include material preparation time.
- You have mastered a topic in a professional setting.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in data engineering OR a minimum of 4 years in other topics.
- You are a dynamic speaker with energy and passion for educating others.
- You are able to break down and explain technical subjects in plain language.
- You are able to motivate others, command skills and you are approachable.
- You have prior experience teaching students or managing teams.
- You have experience applying business intelligence for social impact projects.
- What's in-store for you
- Continuous Learning - Get free access to our learning materials, lesson plans, extra resources, modules, online talks of our educational programs
- Remote Work - Teach remotely with our online classes wherever you are in the world
- Diverse Team - Learn and collaborate with our diverse team which came from different backgrounds and work experiences
- Earn Extra - Earn extra while working on your day job or while taking your Master's program. This is a remote part-time opportunity