eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
- Maintain and extend the data infrastructure
- Integrate new data sources
- Automate anything and everything to support and speed up the work of the Data and Machine Learning teams
- Support other teams with their data related engineering tasks
What you bring to the table...
- Experience with cloud computing applied to data engineering (e.g. with GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Python
- Very good English, especially in writing
- Solid experience in Software Engineering
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform) in particular
- Experience working remotely
- Understanding how browsers and web servers work
- Performance and Optimization skills
- Data visualisation tools
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons