Our client is building data visualization tools to better digest and utilize user behavior.
To do this, they are hiring a senior data engineer with a backend developer experience.
- Creating a data visualization tool from scratch using Asia Remote Jobs backend information
- Setting up regular (daily) export of data into BigQuery (or another similar DB tool)
- Setting up visualization tool that works off this DB. Perhaps Holistics (since it is less expensive), but also up for exploring using PowerBI, qlikview or Tableau, assuming that the ongoing cost is affordable.
- Recurring reports / visualization (example analyses listed below)
- Adhoc reports / visualization - Ability to easily run ad hoc data analyses
Potential Project Plan
- Understand business processes and learn current (MySQL) database architecture
- Design Data Warehouse/Mart (Data modeling)
- ETL Development
- Data Cleaning & Manipulation for export
- Co-design and review of KPIs, and Dashboard visualization
- Reports/Dashboards Implementation
- Communication & Refinement (ad-hoc)
- Automation deployment of the whole process
- Post go-live support (maintenance)
- 2+ years of work experience in a data engineering role
- Relevant technologies such as Python, SQL, MySQL
- Data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau or similar tool)
- Understands well how data is stored in databases and can write fast and reusable SQL code to retrieve it
- Visualizes high readability data insights using software tools like Power BI, Tableau or similar tool
- Exceptional problem solving, creative thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to initiate and maintain close collaborative partnerships with coworkers and stakeholders.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and look for new problems to solve and new concepts to implement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics etc.) and/or successful completion of post-secondary level Math and Statistics courses