Many Filipinos do not have easy or affordable access to basic financial services like bank accounts, remittance services and investment products.
Blockchain technology is solving many of these problems through cryptocurrencies and digital assets. By providing an exchange platform for cryptocurrencies and digital assets, PDAX aims to make financial products and services cheaper and more accessible to the ordinary Filipino.
PDAX operates an open marketplace for digital assets, i.e. PDAX.ph and retail distribution app for securities, e.g. Bonds.PH.
PDAX is a financial institution regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), and is Series A venture backed by the global leaders in crypto and blockchain technology, and by SEA-focused venture capital firms.
About The Role
The position will entail building, maintaining, and analyzing the company's data and data infrastructure, as well as coming up with new insights and data-driven solutions for multiple teams within the company. Strong analytical and problem solving ability, and effective communication and leadership skills, are necessary for the role. You will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer and handle the Data Analytics Infrastructure of the company, working closely with the Management Committee and helping guide key decision-making. As this role will involve in-depth analysis and problem solving to communicate data-driven decisions to multiple teams, and top management, it is evident that this will have tremendous business impact and learning opportunities. As such, we are looking for someone who has a strong passion to learn and grow their potential and a desire to impart their knowledge and skills to their team.
- Build and maintain the company’s data infrastructure and ensure accuracy, completeness, and timely distribution of data.
- Create policies and structured procedures for data management, visualization, and distribution
- Interpret data to create in-depth analysis and insights to aid in data-driven decision making
- Manage a data team and oversee in the daily use of data and systems
- Recommend solutions and action steps to top-management based on data
- Keep track of relevant metrics and KPIs internally to measure productivity and health of the company
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and implement modifications and maintenance
- Assist with reports and data extraction for different teams when needed
- Provide relevant reports that communicate important data insights to various teams
- 2 to 7 years of experience in a data-related role
- Strong analytical ability coupled with an ability to highlight insightful nuggets of data
- Familiarity with database and tools for data storing, transformation, analysis, and visualization
- Strong background and interest in finance / mathematics
- Able to learn fast and quickly adjust to new scenarios
- Strong project management experience; able to build a project from ground up
- Highly effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel / Powerpoint / Word (Or Mac OS Counterparts)
- Working knowledge of SQL/Python/R
Nice to Have!
- Willingness to work in a startup environment – we need someone with an appetite for building and cross-function collaboration
- Enthusiasm for trading stocks, forex, or cryptocurrencies
- Working knowledge of Metabase or other BI Tools
- Willingness to collaborate and work with other teams to encourage more data-driven decisions
- Entrepreneurial spirit – you’re not here to just execute. Inspire us and make this company yours!