About Doh Eain
Doh Eain (“Our Home”) is a multi-disciplinary restoration and placemaking social enterprise based in Yangon, Myanmar. In a world of rapid urbanisation, we want to make sure cities are places with identity, and that they are liveable, inclusive and sustainable. That is why we specialize in preserving heritage, improving public space, and organising activities that connect people to places.
Founded in early 2017, our office brings together skills in research, participatory design, restoration & construction, and cultural programming. Key in our approach are building owners and residents, with whom we work together closely in making explicit the value and potential of existing historical, cultural, social and natural assets in the city. Owners and residents are the central agents in our design processes in order to ensure local ownership and impact.
Vision: Together we can make cities more vibrant, inclusive and sustainable places to live, work and enjoy.
Mission: We preserve heritage, improve public space and organize activities that connect people with places, employing our user-centred and participatory heritage-led placemaking approach. In doing this we aim to inspire and enable people to participate in shaping their city.
Principles: The principles which inform and shape our work help us select and shape projects, making sure we select and design them so that we achieve our desired impacts. These principles are: Participatory, Asset-based, Inclusive, Environmentally Sustainable, Financially Sustainable and Contributing to the Livelihoods.
Doh Eain is registered as a company in Singapore and in Myanmar. We rely on and apply a diversified set of financing methods, working with clients, loans, and grants on revenue and non-revenue generating projects.
As Data Officer you will help create an inclusive, sustainable, and vibrant future for Yangon. You will do this by supporting the Doh Eain team to gather, manage and communicate effectively with data. Data informs decisions and as such cities are shaped by datasets. Doh Eain is dedicated to making sure the communities of Yangon’s hope, needs and ideas are included in the datasets that underpin important decisions and shape our city, and that innovative and data-driven insights are accessible.
As the Data Officer, you will be part of the Community Engagement, Research & Education Team and report to the Research Manager.
Maintain Doh Eain’s company (YNN, YCS) and project-specific databases and their links to platforms such as websites or dashboards (Tableau). Specifically:
- inputting data from the project teams into the databases.
- archiving databases regularly.
- ensuring suitable security measures are in place and followed
- identifying, exploring and resolving potential data entry or data gathering errors.
- high-quality data visualizations and clean data sets to support the Marketing Team and project teams.
- operational analyses and generate key performance insights to guide strategic discussions.
- data skills trainings, coaching to empowering team members and foster a data-driven culture across the organization.
Contribute to the overall quality of Doh Eain’s work by providing expertise around data management and visualization. Specifically:
- reviewing research plans and tools to ensure the backend data processing can be as efficient and clear as possible.
- supporting Doh Eain’s Research Manager and Graphic Designer to produce high quality reports.
- proactively seeking and suggesting how Doh Eain can improve data management processes and communication with data.
- stay up to date with trends in the data science field so that you can make good recommendations on the best ways to gather, store, analyze and visualize data in creative ways that align with Doh Eain’s Principles & Values.
- enabling the data environment through effective collaboration with the IT/Digital function.
- Passionate about all things data.
- Values accuracy and efficiency above ease.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts.
- Ability to work well in diverse teams.
- Patient and persistent around problem solving.
- Creative and willing to try new things.
- Enjoy learning and sharing knowledge with others.
- Ambitious. We are hoping to find someone who truly believes good data can create important innovations for our communities and cities, Doh Eain will do our best to match and support your drive to progress from data officer to more senior positions in-line with skills growth.
- Produce pivot tables in gsheets.
- Produce sampling schemes.
- Basic programming skills in SQL, Java or other programming languages.
- Familiarity with Tableau and Power BI or willingness to learn.
- Data cleaning experience.
- Excellent knowledge of GSuite in particular gsheets & gform.
- Excellent knowledge of data collection tools.
- GIS or other spatial data management skills, or the willingness to learn.
What do we offer:
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary, and innovative organisation and share in our vision to make Yangon Asia’s most livable urban place – environmentally, economically, socially and culturally. We are also looking at will also be looking at other cities in Myanmar soon, and possibly across borders. We work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment with opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects and topic areas, both individually and on project teams. Doh Eain is an equal opportunities employer and actively seeks to employ and retain a diverse, inclusive workforce. We will accommodate special needs that any staff may require. There will be many opportunities for on the job training and participation in external trainings.
Terms of Employment:
Full time, salaried.
3-month probationary period.
Deadline: 25 November 2021
Please share your CV and cover letter via: [email protected],
cc’ing: [email protected]
with the subject line: Data Officer Application_your name