Maknet is an exciting new digital venture by the iconic Makro. Our proud purpose is to build a technology platform that will help make business possible for restaurant owners, hotels, and independent retailers, and open the door for sellers. Maknet brings together the best talent across multi-nationals to transform the B2B marketplace ecosystem. We welcome bold, energetic, and thoughtful people who share our belief in collaboration, diversity, excellence, and putting customers at the heart of our work
Take your career to new heights in the future of B2B e-commerce. Join our team and help us build Southeast Asia's next unicorn.
As a Data Scientist you will work in collaboration with our business and engineering people, on creating value from data. Often the work requires solving complex problems by turning vast amounts of data into business insights through advanced analytics, modeling and machine learning. You have a strong foundation in analytics, mathematical modeling, computer science, and math - coupled with a strong business sense. You proactively fetch information from various sources and analyze it for better understanding about how the business performs. Furthermore, you model and build AI tools that automate certain processes within the company. The solutions produced will be implemented to impact business results.
- Designs, develops, and implements end-to-end cloud based machine learning production pipelines (data exploration, sampling, training data generation, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation)
- Ensures that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, and secure, and can serve multiple users within the company
- Enables big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies
- Collects, parses, manages, analyzes and visualizes large sets of data using multiple platforms
- Translates complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design, and high performing software
- Codes, tests, and documents new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics
- Implements security and recovery tools and techniques as required
- Works with Data Science Lead and developers to make sure that all data solutions are consistent
- Ensures all automated processes preserve data by managing the alignment of data availability and integration processes
- Develops standards and processes for integration projects and initiatives
- Fluency in a high-level modeling language such as MATLAB, R, Stata, etc.
- Fluency in a software programming language such as Python, C++, Java, etc
- Hands-on knowledge in any of the following visualization tools: Tableau, D3, Ggplot, PowerBI
- Deep understanding of high performance algorithms and implementation
- Expert knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures - demonstrable ability to design and implement highly scalable data use cases and models
- Experience in consumer/retail/e-commerce data science (e.g., machine learning applied for churn analysis, recommender systems, personalization etc.) preferred
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
- Ability to distill problem definitions, models, and constraints from informal business. requirements; and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Demonstrated experience with agile or other rapid development methods
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- Basic understanding of programming, statistics, machine learning, data munging, and data visualization
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively present results
- Strong communication skills, orally and in writing
- Passion for innovation and "can do" attitude
- Strong work ethic; ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus
- Attitude to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Health Insurance - At Maknet, we care about your health! Group insurance from a top insurance company is included in your benefits—OPD, IPD, Emergency OPD
Provident Fund - Maknet cares about your long-term plan! We offer 3% provident fund.
Year-end bonus - We include variable and performance bonus for our employees.
Gym Facilities - Our Head office has a fitness center, yoga room, and recreational space. Enjoy Bangkok scenery and work your body!
Attractive Vacations days - Enjoy our attractive annual leave. Let's say the minimum is 18 days!
Flexible working hours - We know people have different productive cycles. Choose your way of work whether you are a night owl or an early riser.
No overtime - We work 5 days a week with. We set our own goals and deadlines.
Cool hardware - New MacBook. The tool to help you be the best of yourself.
Free car parking space - No more stress or extra cost if you drive to work. We offer free parking space for our employees.
Work from anywhere - Make the most of Bangkok, come to the office or work from home wherever home is, it's all in your control
- Clear focus.
- Diverse Workplace (Our members are from around the world!)
- Thai and Non-Thai are both welcome!
- Non-hierarchical and agile environment
- Growth opportunity and career path