We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is searching for a Data Scientist in our Ann Arbor, Michigan office (REMOTE is an option).
The Data Science and Innovation Lab creates technologies, tools, and products to put data science in the hands of anyone that has a problem to solve. We prioritize quality and customer experience in everything we build.
As a data scientist on the team, you will be on the forefront of analytic process automation breakthroughs. This is a hands-on role discovery role where you are expected to take chances, make mistakes and get messy. Of course, this is then followed with strategic thinking, appropriate organization and distilling the discoveries you make into easy consumable and highly valuable customer outcomes.
- Leverage/Implement a wide array of statistical, econometrics and advanced analytic methods, including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, to drive business insights, support data-driven decisions and create new products
- Become expert on key data sources. Identify opportunities to leverage new data sources/features to improve existing or develop new analytic solutions
- Develop data organization strategies that are scalable and generalizable (dimensional modeling, analytic data products)
- Create end-to-end, robust analytic products in key areas of the business (e.g. Sales, Finance, Product, Strategy, Marketing, etc.), scope, develop, implement and monitor solutions
- Deliver and drive model/analytics insights, helping customers to support data-driven decision making at all levels of their organization
- Provide coaching and guidance on data science best practices throughout the community via blog posts
- Create and deliver training curriculum on data science leveraging Alteryx and other tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Physics, Data Science or other Quantitative Discipline a plus
- 3+ years' relevant professional experience
- Experience leveraging statistics/econometrics with direct business application (Prediction, Forecasting, Inference).
- Experience developing business/customer insights using novel econometric techniques a plus
- Experience with modern data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, Dimensional Modeling)
- Experience with Alteryx, R, Python or other statistical software
- Experience leveraging visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, etc.) to translate complex process/model output into deep business/customer insights
- Exceptional teamwork and coaching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting technical concepts to all levels of internal/external customers
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve
- Experience working in a fast-paced culture, managing multiple deliverables a plus
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Ann Arbor is $88,400 - $150,300. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers !
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences .
Benefits & Perks
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here .