The Red Hat Deal Desk Asia Pacific (APAC) team is looking for a Deal Desk Specialist to join us in Malaysia. In this role, you will serve as a key business partner and trusted adviser and be responsible for reviewing all critical components of large enterprise and strategic deals. Your activities will range from reviewing proposals, quotations, reporting support, and proposed bill of materials to ensuring they are reasonable and accurate. As a trusted adviser to the Sales team and various stakeholders, you will analyze contracts and document all non-standard terms to ensure they comply with state and federal laws and corporate policies and regulations. You’ll serve as the key point of contact for matters related to handling contracts and agreements and related systems. As a Deal Desk Specialist, you will guide early customer engagement, model large transactions, support key strategic deals to closure, and work with various teams to construct efficient and effective processes allowing these businesses to scale. You'll need to highlight any issues or escalations within the agreed-upon timeframe, assist sales enablement efforts like sales training, and generate ad hoc analyses.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Review and verify incoming non-standard deals for accuracy, including confirming contract terms, contact and billing information, pricing, and business policies; work with the Sales, Sales Management, Revenue Recognition, Finance, Legal, Product Management, and Services teams to determine the best course of action
- Establish solid, trusted working relationships with all Red Hat’s teams and groups that contribute to the structure of, or may be impacted by, non-standard deals and help them obtain exception approvals
- Review business terms language in non-standard deals for compliance with corporate policies; ensure the use of Red Hat agreements and business forms whenever possible
- Draft business terms language for non-standard terms as required; work closely with the Legal and Revenue teams on contract review and revision
- Manage fast-paced, time sensitive projects and facilitate deal structuring of non-standard and complex deals while aligning with corporate policies, programs, and systems
- Advise on deal structure and possible ramifications; ensure forward deal momentum and troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Regulate discount compliance, manage deal approval escalation across all key deals, and participate in complex contract negotiations
- Coordinate deal or agreement review and approval by stakeholders using defined processes and systems; enforce the corporate approval matrix and related policies
- Bachelor's degree in commerce or finance, computer science, business management, or a related field; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Accountant (CA) certification is a plus
- 5+ years of knowledge and hands on experience in deal support and construction, contract or legal administration, revenue recognition, bids and tenders, or pricing, preferably in the IT industry or with a multinational corporation (MNC)
- Familiarity with quote-to-cash process, contracting, order management, operations, purchase orders, Tender bidding and license agreements like Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English and Mandarin
- Organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and persistent with skills in diplomacy and project management
- Experience working on your own in a rapidly-changing, deadline-based position involving heavy interaction with multiple levels of management and peers
- Skills in discounting or operational metrics analysis, logic, problem-solving
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with all levels; ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated expertise with Google Suite and Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC), Oracle, and Tableau is a plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.