IPG DXTRA, part of Interpublic Group, is a global collective of 27 marketing speciality brands and more than 7,000 employees, anchored across Weber Shandwick, Golin, Octagon, Jack Morton and FutureBrand.
Our model places clients at the center of highly specialized capabilities, to stay ahead of accelerating trends and find new and meaningful ways to earn attention and engage audiences.
We are looking for a DEI specialist who is passionate about what they do, keen to learn, grow and develop with the business, and to be a pro-active partner to our HR team members and brand leaders. This is a key position within our APAC HR team and our ideal candidate will bring industry experience, have a creative solution-oriented mindset, and a passion to be part of a highly dynamic, fast-moving team, bringing drive, motivation and enthusiasm.
Position: DEI Consultant, APAC
Role type: 6 month fixed-term contract
Reporting line to: SVP, HR & Talent, APAC, APAC DEI Champion
Job Location: Asia-Pacific (Remote)
Role and Responsibilities
• APAC role, focussing on the key APAC markets – Japan, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia
• Support in the design, developed and execution of a DEI plan that incorporates current activities and aspirations and lays the foundation for a future enduring programme
• Partner with key stakeholders throughout the agency and wider network to build and execute the plan
• Instil and encourage a culture of education, awareness and motivation around DEI
• Partner with HR and TA to ensure best practice throughout the employee experience from initial attraction and beyond
• Use data and reporting to monitor and assess progress and successes
• Identify, select and maintain relationships with appropriate external partners and suppliers to aid successful execution
• Be the DEI subject matter expert wherever possible, sharing perspective, insights and knowledge to drive the DEI strategy
• Connect and inspire people to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities
• Keen interest and passion for DEI
• Proven experience in designing and delivering DEI projects/programmes
• Project/programme management experience
• Taking big and small ideas and translating them into actions
• Stakeholder engagement – the experience of facilitating conversation and meetings to produce milestones and actions
• Influencing – can bring people on the journey, get their understanding and support and hold them to account
• Working relationships with relevant external partners, institutes, societies
• Analytical – able to take data and information to make tangible and useful
• Understanding of regional nuances, including language, culture and law
• Excellent communication skills (conveying messages using the right channels and content)
• Must have a passion for DEI in the Asia Pacific context
• Proven experience in initiating and embedding change
• Credibility to hold others to account, including senior team
• Able to create and execute the short-term plan with an eye to the future programme
• Can take ideas, opinions and thoughts and translate them into clear actions
• Can steer the ship to delivery
Note from the team
IPG DXTRA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IPG DXTRA is committed to building a culture where all employees are seen as equal, are respected and where all opinions are heard. We take pride in our inclusive hiring, as well as our diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Personal data held by IPG DXTRA relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Due to a large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in IPG DXTRA