Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party and senior justice advisor (DCOP) for the anticipated USAID Promoting Rule of Law in Myanmar. The project aims to strengthen transparency and accountability in the legal system to protect the fundamental rights of Myanmar’s people. The deputy chief of party and senior justice advisor (DCOP) will be the primary point of contact and technical advisor to USAID’s institutional partners and is the day-to-day liaison with the Government of Myanmar. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with these sector specialist
- Track and report on pending and current legal reform initiatives, track the drafting of bills relevant to protection human rights, access to justice, and justice sector reform, and report on progress to USAID
- Implement the tasks of the COP as delegated by the COP
- A degree in law
- Seven years of experience in the implementation of justice sector activities with particular emphasis on judicial and prosecutor training, legal reform, and justice sector related institutional development activities
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with government officials, non-governmental organizations and other donors
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Deputy Chief of Party and Senior Justice Sector Advisor (DCOP)” in the subject line to [email protected] by January 28, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.