We are looking to hire a skilled Desktop Support Engineer to assist our clients with computer hardware and software issues. You will be required to work on-site or via remote connection and assist with hardware installations, software upgrades, systems integrations, and basic IT related issues.
To ensure success as a Desktop Support Engineer, you should have extensive knowledge of home and office systems, good problem-solving skills, and high-level interpersonal skills. A top-class Desktop Support Technician provides fast and effective support for clients experiencing basic hardware and software issues.
- Responding to client support request.
- Traveling to the client’s location or connecting via remote link.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Installing and maintaining hardware and computer peripherals.
- Installing and upgrading operating systems and computer software.
- Troubleshooting networking and connection issues.
- Advising on software or hardware upgrades.
- Providing basic training on computer operation and management.
- Completing job reports and ordering supplies.
- Proven work experience as Desktop Support Engineer or Support Technician.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems, memory modules, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of popular operating systems, software applications, and remote connection systems.
- Ability to solve complex hardware and software issues.
- Ability to travel and work after hours when necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.