The Big Idea
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Developer will use the latest technologies to develop BC/NAV and EDI integration solutions as part of the Data Masons Development team. You must have experience designing solutions in a Business Central and NAV environment, and must be proficient in AL, Visual Studio Code, Git, and NAV Development with C/Side.
This is a fully remote role; you can be based anywhere in the U.S. or in the Philippines.
What You Know
The following experience is required for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or applicable field
- 3-5 years of experience with Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Experience deploying code in multiple environments
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies
- Experience using Source Code Control Management (SVN, TFS, Visual Source Safe, etc.)
- Experience with the integration of NAV/BC with other applications including experience with ODATA and web services
The following experience is considered to be preferred, but not essential:
- Experience with cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge and experience in EDI integrations
- Experience in developing solutions with AL, Visual Studio Code, Git, NAV Development with C/Side
Who You Are
You're a motivated self-starter with a love of learning. You're not afraid to ask questions or come to the table with unusual solutions. You know how to not only work well with a team, but be part of the team in a way that fosters creativity. You have a mind full of energy and originality, and you don't shy away from difficult tasks or increasing levels of responsibility.
What You'll Do
- Primary function is to create code for NAV and Business Central
- Architect, plan, test and deploy NAV and BC solutions
- Analyze business specifications and convert these into technical specifications
- Provide requirement analysis & effort estimates for the development of new features or customization of existing features
- Integrate logic and understanding of business operations, NAV/BC business processes, and Data Masons EDI processing into a final solution for clients.
- Perform coding/programming tasks to specification and in accordance with development standards
- Develop test plans and participating in code testing to ensure workability, completeness and quality
- Perform code promotion activities to ensure the synchronization of all environments
- Participate in and contributing to peer code reviews and design sessions
- Provide on-going implementation/production support
- Create and maintain functional requirements and technical specification documentation
- Develop both custom and standard entities for read only as well as CRUD operations
- Maintain documentation and version control for all entities
Who We Are
Data Masons' EDI Made Simple™ approach offers advanced turnkey EDI solutions for ERP products such as Microsoft Dynamics and Macola. The company's EDI solution provides an end-to-end EDI processing platform that gives companies a competitive edge through seamless EDI integration, predictable ownership costs and comprehensive, ongoing compliance services - all without expensive and disruptive ERP platform customization.
Why You Should Work With Us
- We are over 96% distributed. Almost all our employees work from home. You don’t have to battle traffic or lose valuable working time in your commute.
- We value work-life balance. We WANT you to get to your kid’s baseball game or be a room mom. We want you to get out into your community and build ties. We think that happy employees = productive employees.
- We are small but mighty! 150 employees strong but growing fast. Have a seat at our table; everyone is valued here.
- We put our customers and employees before anything else. You are our most valued asset and mean more to us than just the bottom line.