Vela Software is looking for a strong DevOps Engineer with experience in both Azure and Linux | PostgreSQL based remotely (3+ hours overlap with US EST working hours) to join their portfolio tech company in the real estate / housing industry.
What we are looking in the new team member
- Love to investigate, passionate to understand how things work.
- At least 2 years experience as a DevOps engineer/SRE/Senior system engineer/Tier 3 support engineer.
- Very good LINUX knowledge
- Experience with web server such as Apache, NGINX and etc.
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Couchbase etc.
In this role, you will work with software developers, system admins, and other IT staff member to implement developments, operations, testing, and deployment.
- Help to transition and implement Azure environment
- End-to-end duties and responsibilities of the DevOps pipeline and DevOps life cycle management.
- Work with the various tools for faster and multiple releases and deployment of the software.
- Integrate code, build, and test functions to smoothly function the multiple iterations of the DevOps life cycle management.
- Enable the easier function of operations and monitoring functions.
- Does continuous delivery by ensuring the release of the software in version control repository and continuous deployment.
- Do continuous integration of various functions to facilitate the release of the software.
- Do coding and scripting to customize the tools and work with the automation of code, build, test, release, deployment, operations, and monitoring.
What we are looking for (Detailed):
- BS in computer science, IT, IS or equivalent technical area of study and
- Use of Maven and Jenkins for the CI/CD DevOps pipeline process
- Hands-on experience with Operating scripting languages such as Ruby, Pearl, etc
- Great at working in a team and have excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience with algorithms, computer engineering, cloud, containerization, etc
- Experience in the various cloud such as Azure, GCP, and AWS, etc
- Experience in DevOps tools for CI/CD pipeline and all the DevOps phases
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Saltstack, and Puppet, etc.
- Experience in coding and scripting solutions such as bash, python and power shell, etc
- Experience in building VM's and containerization using Kubernetes and Docker etc
- Experience in automation of the tools and the DevOps phases
- Experience in agile software development such as C/C++, Java, and Python, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Certification in DevOps is preferred