Do you get aggravated by downtime caused by human error? Do you yearn for time to write high-quality automations that are testable and repeatable so your team can avoid those errors? In this role, you will be responsible for eliminating toil and make a large contribution to our ability to rapidly acquire software products and scale our infrastructure.
Every day will require you to dig into new technologies running across thousands of servers and to deliver simplified, high availability, cost-optimized infrastructure. And due to the size of our partnership with Amazon, you'll have the opportunity to beta-test and experiment with new AWS services.
Don't work in a role where you continue to be bogged down by support tasks or the reactive work that comes with outages. Throw your hat into the ring and apply for a role that stretches your site reliability talents to new boundaries.
What You Will Be Doing
Instead of being focused on polishing one product, or being stuck with the same set of technologies, a site-reliability engineering role in our company means your tech stack evolves weekly with each new product added to our portfolio. This role is focused on:
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Working with infrastructure at a massive scale producing simple, meticulously engineered infrastructure that continuously improves.
- Producing automation runbooks that remove non-value-add work from our support teams and migrate components to standardized infrastructure
- Introducing changes quickly and applying cutting edge technologies.
DevOps Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Responding to trouble tickets
- Building bespoke infrastructure solutions
- System administration tasks
Say good-bye to an outage resolution mindset and dedicate your day to producing simplified, high availability, cost optimized infrastructure improvements.
- Identify quarterly goals that will deliver standardized, high availability and cost optimized infrastructure
- Create and execute Infrastructure as Code runbooks
- Plan and execute lift and shift projects for acquired products
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS Services (compute, databases, networking)
- In-depth knowledge and 2+ years of hands-on experience with Linux
- Ability to pack application into containers (Docker) and deploy to Kubernetes
- Ability to deploy and configure infrastructure for running virtual machines (VMWare)
- AWS Solutions Architect certification is a plus
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials
to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3343-PH-Ncr_Nati-DevopsEngineer.001