Ascenda is a global provider of innovative loyalty solutions and operates premium rewards propositions for major financial services and travel brands worldwide. As a trusted partner powering over 70 of the world’s leading rewards programs, Ascenda develops end-to-end solutions to address the most meaningful challenges facing the loyalty industry today. By deeply profiling local market needs to provide the right technology, content and value propositions alongside careful management of marketing, servicing, costs, and fraud, Ascenda delivers highly compelling and beautifully simple plug & play offerings that eliminate the trade-off between cost and customer value.
At its heart, Ascenda is an engineering and technology company. Our products and services help many financial services and travel brands serve millions of customers globally better. We take pride in building beautifully designed, performant, easy to use but yet secure products and place a huge emphasis on delivering great code.
We're looking to bring in passionate DevOps Engineers who're keen to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You take great pride and your work and feel a great sense of accomplishment in building secure and reliable infrastructures.
We’ve transitioned to a full DevOps approach. Our infrastructure is managed as code using Terraform. Our remaining instances configurations are managed by Ansible. Our production services run on stateless containers and adjust dynamically to the load, our deployments are fully automated. We follow the Twelve Factors methodology.
We’re running our services on AWS and Alicloud.
Our cloud platforms make full use of AWS features such as VPCs, AZs, ALBs, Network ACLs, Security Groups, ECS, ECR, Fargate, ACM, RDS, Elasticache, Lambda…
We are transitioning to Kubernetes for some of our core business services.
In a typical DevOps day we use the AWS console, Terraform, Ansible, Git, Kubectl, Jenkins, Papertrail, Appsignal, Datadog, Cloudflare, Strongswan, to name a few.
We focus on automation, quality, and target compliance with the most stringent security standards (PCI-DSS, SOC2, ISO27k).
Our partners are financial institutions and airlines, and they expect a very high level of availability, reliability and security.
As a member of the DevOps team, you would use as many previously listed (and future) tools & technologies as you want to. This is a great opportunity to learn, experiment and get directly involved in all the existing and upcoming internal projects, and work closely with the developers. We’re fully open to your new ideas and proposals.
A few examples of projects you could be involved in:
- Migrate existing services to Kubernetes
- Create full build and deployment pipelines for new exciting projects we’re working on
- Keep improving our new Kubernetes-based infrastructures and deployments
- Improve our global security globally by improving our logs monitoring and events detection
- Propose and implement improvements related to scalability, automation, performance, and security of platforms and data.
- Improve the flexibility of our infrastructure and configuration setups to be able to seamlessly deploy services to multiple regions and providers.
We're looking for a Junior/Mid-level profile with a passion for the technologies listed above, or a profile with a few years of experience.
You’ll work with nice and passionate people in a very friendly and relaxed environment while maintaining high quality standards. You’ll have as much autonomy as you need.Ascenda Offers
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel benefits
- Flexible working environment (we allow for remote working, flexible hours when needed)
- Comfortable working environment (Every new hire gets a brand new Macbook Pro and 2 screens!)
- Diverse and friendly working culture. Members of our team come from over 20 nationalities worldwide!
We expect you to:
- have knowledge in managing a Linux server infrastructure
- have some experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, Alicloud...
- have some knowledge and interest in automation, configuration and infrastructure management tools
- have some experience with Docker, containers and ideally Kubernetes
- have some knowledge and interest in systems and platforms security
- have good communication skills, ability to work in the team
This position will be based in Singapore. Singaporeans, PRs and DPs can apply.
Alternatively, for the right candidate, we would also consider opening this position in our Ho Chi Minh office, if you are currently based in Vietnam.