Location: Remote until mid-2021. Afterwards, Taguig City (80% office, 20% remote)
The company is an early-stage startup which has just completed 2 rounds of seed funding (total of $5.2M). There are currently 4 members in the IT Operations team (1 Solutions Architect, 1 Security engineer, and 2 SREs) and we are looking to scale the organization to 10 at the end of the first quarter of 2021. Out of that, we have 2 openings for DevOps Engineers.
The technology stack:
- Everything runs on Amazon AWS.
- Servers are all Linux-based (Debian and CentOS).
- Applications run on (bare) Kubernetes.
- Databases of choice: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, and MongoDB.
- Most applications are built with NodeJS (Angular, NestJS), and some are Java-based.
- We love GitLab and GitLab CI!
- Lastly, and most importantly: we try to be a 100% open source company, and we automate as much tasks as possible!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement automated builds and deployments for development, staging, and production systems.
- Work closely with development teams to automate development tasks and understand production requirements.
- Implement processes and improvements to ensure application and build system stability.
- Evangelize the DevOps culture.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communications Engineering or equivalent - actually, we don't care! Bring in the following instead:
- At least 2 years of system administration experience. You must be comfortable building and destroying server operating system installations.
- Must be proficient in the following technologies: git, GitLab CI or Jenkins, and AWS
- Mandatory: experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Helm v3 (experience with v2 is sufficient).
- Experience in EFK (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, and Kibana)
- Experience in a DevOps-centric environment.
- Excellent English communication skills are a plus, but we don't discriminate!
We also entertain developers and system administrators who want to shift to DevOps, so don't hesitate to apply!