About You Or Position Summary
Inmar’s DevOps is part of the Platform Automation team. The primary purpose of the DevOps Engineer is to support Inmar’s computing infrastructure, both on-prem and cloud, with state-of-the-art automation solutions.
- Assist in maintaining, patching, and upgrading automation platforms and services
- Assist in planning and implementing the next generation platforms for Inmar
- Implement solutions to automate infrastructure and systems administration tasks
- On call responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with systems engineering and DevOps
- Technical Skills:
- Linux administration (one or more of the following)
- Windows Powershell
- Cloud administration & server virtualization (one or more of the following)
- Google Cloud
- Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) concepts (e.g. Git & Jenkins)
- Automation concepts & tools (e.g. Ansible, RunDeck)
- Containers & Container orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) (e.g. Terraform)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Other tools/skills
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server administration & Windows Services
- General skills & concepts
- Information Security
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Curiosity about technology
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Fearless when approaching a problem; not hindered by lack of experience with a specific tool
- Ability to learn new concepts, tools, and technologies “on-the-job”
- Ability to work productively in a remote environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate accountability for assigned tasks and objectives
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Personal Credibility
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Effective Execution
- Taking Initiative
- Vision and Strategy
- Change Management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 25pounds.
- Frequently required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
- Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and regulations and reporting all safety hazards.
As An Inmar Associate, You
- Put clients first and consistently display a positive attitude and behaviors that demonstrate an awareness and willingness to listen and respond to clients in order to meet their short-term and long-term needs, requirements and exceed their expectations.
- Treat clients and teammates with courtesy, consideration and tact; you also have the ability to perceive the needs of internal and external clients and communicate effectively with the objective of delighting and retaining the client.
- Build collaborative relationships and work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives, develop and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Set and attain achievable, yet aggressive, goals with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Understand that results are important and focus on turning mission into action to achieve results following the principles of Flawless Execution while consistently complying with quality, service and productivity standards to meet deadlines and exceed expectations by giving our clients the best possible outcome.