The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is one of the only independent institutes in the world specializing exclusively in engineering, from vocational diplomas through to bachelor, master and professional doctorates. We provide industry focused micro credentials, diplomas, bachelor’s and master’s degrees to 1600 students from over 140 countries.
Accredited as both a registered training organization and Australian higher education provider, EIT’s on-campus and online programs are delivered via a unique methodology that makes use of an international pool of expert lecturers, dedicated learning support officers, and provides our students access to cutting-edge simulation software alongside physical, remote and virtual laboratories.
As Digital Strategist & UX Architect, you will not only assist in solving high level business and customer challenges, but also work collaboratively with a wider group of stakeholders including program/product owners, management, marketing and technical teams. You will specifically work on high-visibility websites, user interfaces, and/or interactive projects simultaneously as part of a larger project team. Along with the skills listed below, our ideal candidate has a passion for staying on top of shifting trends in the industry and is an excellent problem solver.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with 5+ years of professional human-centered information architecture and usability experience including an ability to analyse and map digital transformation.
- Identify business challenges, opportunities for innovation and project ideation.
- Experience defining and writing detailed project requirement documents and process maps that span user, business, and system abilities, needs, and limitations.
- Design a range of solutions and optimisation recommendations from initial inception & problem definition stage (with both business & technical stakeholders) to final designs.
- Present design concepts to key business stakeholders. Justify why such solutions are preferable from both a design, customer & business perspective.
- Ability to distil complex information and contextualising it for user segments, scenarios and business contexts.
- Implement/oversee implementation of solutions including user testing.
- A broad understanding of the web and ability to be conversant in current issues surrounding CMS, content personalization, conversion optimization for sales and other goals, social media integration, web and email marketing, and CRM integration strategies.
- Experience working on large-scale CMS (Content Management System) projects – Word Press highly regarded.
- Experience with HTML.
- Superb organizational, time management, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Experience leading agile engineering teams including a mix of onshore and offshore resources.
- Ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize activities and follow through to completion.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability with a commitment to delivering high quality platforms that balance technical and business goals.