Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in USD.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has an office established in Myanmar in late 2013. The PATH Myanmar Country Program is currently implementing a broad portfolio of activities on a range of health issues including nutrition, vaccines and immunization systems strengthening, and sexual and reproductive health.
Our current projects in Myanmar include the introduction of fortified rice, technical assistance to the government on vaccine introduction, developing and implementing national guidelines and policies on sexual and reproductive health and rights, and immunization waste management systems strengthening.
PATH is currently recruiting for a "Director" for Family Health Portfolio.
The PATH Myanmar Director, Family Health (FH) Program, leads the design and implementation of PATH’s public health programs and organizational investments in Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), Maternal, New Born and Child Health (MNCH), Nutrition, Rice fortification, Non-communicable Diseases (NCD) & Public Health Care (PHC)
The Director oversees an evolving portfolio of grant funded projects related to Reproductive, Maternal, New Born, Child Health, Nutrition (RMNCHN) and will expand PATH’s portfolio in Family Health portfolio. The Director represents PATH externally, serving as a scientific expert and external representative for RMNCHN and supports PATHs global work in the space.
FAMILY HEALTH PROGRAMS
Work with existing project and program leaders within Public Health to develop and implement program direction based on consideration of a broad range of internal and external factors, and an understanding of the relationships between various PATH program areas.
- Identify and oversee the development of responses to new funding opportunities.
- Build PATH Myanmar’s Family Health portfolio by leading business development opportunities in this space.
- Hire and develop key talent for the programs.
- Serve as performance leader and mentor for project leads in Family health portfolio.
- Provide strategic leadership and support to the Family health team.
- Review and provide oversight for project implementation and evaluation, review and approve all program reports and materials developed for public dissemination.
- Ensure that the programs meet and exceed donor expectations of quality and delivery.
CROSS PATH AND EXTERNAL REPRESENTATION
Represent the Family Health Programs with internal PATH partners and key external audience, including:
- Model clear, open, and collaborative communication approaches in a dynamic environment.
- Collaborate closely with global program leaders to provide scientific accountability and needed expertise for country-based work.
- Work with Product Development program leaders to identify opportunities for product development collaboration across the platforms of vaccines, diagnostics, drug development and devices/tools.
- Represent PATH externally, serving as a scientific expert and external representative for Government of Myanmar’s efforts for strengthening Reproductive Health; Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Nutrition outcomes.
- Build PATH’s capacity in Family Health programs through development of cross PATH collaborations and recruitment of new technical expertise, including at country level.
- Interface with donors for updating project progress and identifying focus areas
- Engage with National and State Governments for smooth functioning of projects
- Provide overall leadership consistent with PATH’s mission, values, and policies.
- Provide thought leadership at PATH in the area of Family Health programs.
- Participate in panels, conferences and other events ensuring that PATH is represented in key stakeholder conversations locally and globally.
- Engage Family Health leaders in building a resilient program positioned to leverage the dynamic donor and global landscape for greatest impact.
- Model cultural and organizational agility internally and externally.
PUBLIC HEALTH (PH) PORTFOLIO
Work collaboratively with other program teams that include Infections diseases, TB, Malaria etc to:
- Identify opportunities and develop cross program responses to funding opportunities.
- Drive business development activities to create a diversified and sustainable portfolio.
- Partner with other members of the leadership team to build cross-program public health
- Competencies in surveillance, evidence-based interventions, innovation in policy and
- Programs, implementation science and operational research monitoring and evaluation.
- Participate in the development and evolution of the overall PATH Myanmar Impact portfolio and strategy.
- Doctoral degree in medicine, public health, or other relevant field.
- Advanced degree and/or training in RMNCHN programs.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in medical practice with seven (07) years of progressively responsible leadership roles in the design and/or delivery of public health programs and research with a preference for experience in working on Reproductive Health; Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Nutrition etc.
- Nationally recognized leader in and experience working in RMNCHN programs
- Good people management and communication skills to manage conflict effectively and motivate employees with commitment to building a shared vision of the future, setting standards and managing individual and team performance,
- Good analytical, solution-oriented skills and business acumen with the ability to deliver quality, high impact projects while providing value to donors.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic leadership and maintain clarity and focus of investments and action.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative organizational structure.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-site team-based organizational structure, including partners and other collaborators.
- Ability to work with people with divergent points of view and to respectfully navigate differences.
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with donors and National and State Governments
- Fluency in English.
- Available to travel nationally and internationally up to 30 percent.
Must have legal authorization to work in Myanmar.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected]