- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in the consumer electronics and Retail/Carrier channels
- Experience in managing the strategic planning cycle for an organization, including cross-functional engagement and prioritization
- 8 years of deep industry knowledge in the consumer electronics and Retail/Carrier channels
- Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Experience managing and developing other individuals
- Knowledge of APAC region technology channels, retailers, operators, competitors, and business climate
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels, and to launch new products and/or programs successfully in the marketplace
About The Job
The Devices and Services Business organization focuses on Google-branded hardware such as Nest, Pixel and others, and key subscription services such as Stadia, Google One, etc. Our team is the business stream for Devices and Services, responsible for delivering the Profit and Loss results and for leading partnerships. We work with carriers, retailers, distributors, and enterprise verticals, develop channel strategy, discuss commercial terms, focus on marketing and merchandising, and shape overall market share goals. Our team is also responsible for driving our direct to consumer sales by driving retail rate recommendation in stores and by ensuring that our presence in-store and online is excellent.
As Director of Channel Operations for the Asia Pacific region, you will lead the Business Planning, Business Operations, and Channel Activation teams and be responsible for attaining operational and financial objectives for the region. Coordinating closely with regional country leads and global cross-functional leads, you will align sales and marketing plans to financial budgets. You will incubate new opportunities in enterprise and B2B channels, and develop new ways to leverage our distribution strategy to enhance efficiency.
Google’s Global Partnerships team powers extraordinary user experiences through partnerships that solve users’ needs, advance our partners’ goals, and further Google’s mission. Our team provides meaningful solutions — from helping publishers and developers grow their businesses through monetization solutions, to helping our long-term partners anticipate and navigate change in a way that delivers economic and reputational value. We build and distribute products through partnerships across a multitude of product areas, including Ads, Search & Assistant, Geo, Platforms & Ecosystems, Devices & Services, Health, Retail, Payments, Next Billion Users, and more. We collaborate across Google, ensuring a coordinated approach when engaging with our most complex and strategic partners.
- Build and lead a team of business planners, sales operations, and channel activation managers. Work with Partner Managers to develop country, channel, and partner plans, and set goals, lead Quarterly Business Review, monthly reporting and weekly tracking cadence.
- Lead execution of region specific initiatives to accelerate sales growth, optimize operational efficiency, and meet/exceed business goals.
- Own and manage the governance model across the hardware business, working closely with the global go-to-market/launch readiness teams.
- Analyze and determine insights from key business drivers, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics. Lead execution excellence in channel activation, retail sales training, field programs, and third-party agency relationship management.
- Build and define the enterprise channel development role; align with global enterprise organization on objectives and strategies.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .