Crossover is hiring for multiple Director of Information Technology positions for our client, DevFactory.
The mass migration to the cloud has seen a fundamental shift in the way enterprises manage technology. That wave of change has carried with it a lot of bad practices and old paradigms that leave technical performance and service delivery decoupled from the cost to provision on the cloud. Our customers are some of the biggest consumers of cloud computing resources in the world and they look to us to intelligently and scalably align technical performance with the bottom line.
We are looking for system-level thinkers to dive deep into software architecture and identify repeatable cost-saving opportunities with material business impact. You will be designing solutions that create systematic ways to cut millions of dollars of cloud costs for Fortune 500 companies.
This isn’t bill hacking or dashboard building. We need someone who has the technical insights to understand the full range of performance implications, and the business savvy to know which things matter. You will need to simplify what others have made complex in order to eliminate waste and reduce the footprint of infrastructure for large cloud applications.
If you want to move the needle on cloud costs for the biggest players in the space and you’re ready to expand your professional development beyond code and into strategic and financial decision making, this is the role for you!
What You Will Be Doing
Each week you will have a different cost optimization problem to work on and technical specs to create.
- You will identify patterns in complex systems and identify ways to make them 10x simpler
- You will make the important design decisions that specify how to re-architect products to optimize cloud resource consumption, simplify architecture, and improve quality of the product simultaneously
- You will distill those decisions into precise and well documented written technical specifications to be implemented by a team of engineers
- You will have the opportunity to learn and work on a wide variety of products with distinct tech stacks and business domains so you will be continuously challenged
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Ignoring technical implementation and focusing solely on billing and cloud watch metrics
- Vendor management or contract negotiations
- Participating in daily scrum meetings or providing day-to-day direction to an engineering team
- Directly managing people
Director Of Information Technology Key Responsibilities
- Make clear, simple, and technically superior design decisions that optimize cost
- Produce detailed written specifications that will put your insights into action
- Deliver output that is data driven, focused, and rooted in technical depth
- A BS or Masters in Math, Statistics, CS, or related fields
- At least 1 year experience writing production quality code
- At least 5 years of experience making core architecture and design decisions; such as data domain modeling, application of design patterns, and design using third-party components.
- At least 2 years experience designing for cloud-based services such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience redesigning existing products on top of serverless cloud services.
- Exposure to financial modeling - ideally prior FinOps experience
- Hands on experience with data science and statistical analysis
- Advanced coding skills in one or more languages
- Professional certifications for leading cloud vendors (e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate or Professional, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, etc.)
DevFactory is a division of Trilogy, one of the world’s largest privately held enterprise software companies. Since 2008, Trilogy has been acquiring enterprise software firms, turning them around, and delivering phenomenal value for their customers. DevFactory provides R&D services to all of Trilogy’s businesses using a unique centralized model for software development and delivery.
DevFactory has a fully-global, fully-remote workforce and has partnered with Crossover to administer our talent screening and global workforce management.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4369-MM-Naypyida-DirectorofInfo