We have a solution for technical experts that want to advance their career but don't want to stop exercising their technical skills. Because we have automated away non-technical tasks like HR activities, resource allocation, and project management, managers focus on two high-impact activities. Most of the week is dedicated to diving deep into the team's output to find the source of quality problems and eliminate them. Based on your insights from reviewing a week’s worth of work, you propose and implement big ideas to simplify work, systemically improve quality and enable scale for our growing portfolio of over 100 B2B software products.
Because this role is focused on diving deep into the technical details and collecting insights to drive real change in the organization, instead of the typical manager tasks, the day to day impact is much higher than the industry norm. Your insights will force continuous improvement in the managers who report to you, and in the work of all members of the organization.
Continue your growth as a leader, maintain your technical edge, and be exposed to different technologies. Be part of an organization that is pushing the limits of software engineering, using cutting edge technologies on AWS, and setting a blistering pace for incorporating new software companies into our portfolio.
What You Will Be Doing
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Using your technical experience as a software architect and developer to understand problems like why releases are delayed, defects escape and processes break.
- Analyzing data to detect quality failure patterns and writing improvement plans that you will execute once approved. You will love this job if you seek challenges, and are excited by the idea of improving the systems which allow us to ship high-quality software releases for dozens of products every week.
Director Of Software Development Key Responsibilities
- Project management or task assignment - We have sophisticated algorithms and automation to handle this.
- Stagnating at your current level of technical proficiency - deep diving into technical details within our software gives you daily challenges to expand your knowledge.
- Be accountable for the quality of weekly software releases for 20 enterprise software products.
- Holding the Software Engineering Managers that report to you to high standards in how they coach team members and enforce quality bars.
- Leading by consistently innovating improvements that improve the quality and reliability of the products you own.
- 3+ years of experience with managing teams from multiple engineering functions (developers, designers, product managers, testers)
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field.
- Fluent English and the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Experience in delivering enterprise B2B SaaS products to multiple customers
- Lean Manufacturing” mindset applied to software engineering (e.g., “The Phoenix Project” by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr, George Spafford)
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials
to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3288-SG-Singapor-DirectorOfSoft.012