RetireOne is looking for a Director – Strategic Business Development to join our sales team. You will be responsible generating new relationships with large RIA firms and driving adoption of RetireOne’s suite of fiduciary insurance solutions.
This position reports directly to the President and will partner closely with other members of senior management including, the MD’s of Product Strategy, Marketing and the CEO.
This is a remote position, offering you the flexibility inherent in working from home, however periodic travel will be required.
- Work with our largest existing clients to understand their operational and solution delivery environment in order to encourage the broader use of RetireOne’s solution set
- Think strategically about client needs (both end client and RIA Firm) and then position complex solutions to address those needs
- Work closely with the managers of sales and service teams to design an exceptional client experience for our large RIA client firms.
- Work directly with individual contributors of the sales and service teams to ensure continuity and consistency of engagement with firms.
- Develop sales plan and strategy to target large RIA firms to drive business growth and profitability.
- Drive platform adoption and generate revenue from new and existing relationships.
- Manage all aspects of the business development processes with large RIA firms.
- Coordinate with RetireOne executive management, board members, partner carriers, and friends of the firm to leverage their contacts and their relationships as part of account management.
- Develop a key account strategy for working with existing firms to expand our relationship footprint with them.
- Monitor competitor offerings, weaknesses, and strengths to accordingly develop business strategy to achieve RetireOne goals.
- Provide monthly business reporting and forecasting to management.
- Collaborate with broader sales and marketing team to execute selling and marketing strategies.
- Track sales information and sales tools and submit weekly reports on sales opportunities to President.
- Maintain in Salesforce.com data on potential customers, prospect plans and business operations.
- Maintain integrity and quality in all business-related operations and activities.
- Respond personally to the RIA firm queries and complaints promptly and professionally.
- Coordinate with Advisor Solutions Desk and other sales team management to handle start up and current account activities.
- Prepare and deliver business presentations to RIA firm management.
- Develop business proposals for management and large RIA firms.
- Organized, self-driven and fearless advocate for the fiduciary investment advisor space.
- Previous success in similar role(s) offering investment management or insurance solutions with a proven track record of achieving aggressive sales growth results
- Familiar with life, annuity, and investment products / services.
- Proficient with Strategic and Consultative selling processes
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Good collaboration and teamwork skills.
- FINRA Series 6 or 7, Series 63 or 66 and resident insurance licenses required.
- Possess strong communication skills and a preference for delivering as part of a team.
- Contact center or CRM experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience