GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute .
The Strategy and Operations team are GitLab's internal strategy consultants who move from problem to problem in different functional areas. This team also plays an operational role in helping to support key initiatives while supporting the Chief of Staff and CEO.
This role will be GitLab's key point of contact with JiHu , an independent company in China that is licensed to sell GitLab software
This role will be 100% remote, based in APAC.
The Director of Strategy and Operations - JiHu is a grade 10 role.
- Act as GitLab's key point of contact with JiHu , an independent company in China that is licensed to sell GitLab software
- Fill in gaps in other parts of the business when there are short-term vacancies or a lack of relevant skills or capacity
- Collaborate cross-functionally with senior counterparts throughout the business
- Identify opportunities to improve business efficiency and make changes to improve the business
- Prepare materials (documents, decks) for the Chief of Staff and the CEO
- Translate practical needs into technical and/or business requirements
- Execute on projects and ongoing assignments for the Chief of Staff and/or CEO
- Demonstrate GitLab values in all work
- Has experience with B2B and startup tech businesses in China
- Experience at a strategy consulting firm and/or working across multiple functions at a fast growing company
- Evidence of success in leading key business initiatives. Demonstrated ability to take a project from ideation through to implementation
- Has a proven ability to manage strategic business alliances and support external groups while coordinating with the internal team, including finance, sales, legal, technical and other team members
- Has cross-functional and operational experience. This should include direct experience in supporting the operations of different business functions
- Has experience in building and managing relationships with folks at executive and more junior levels
- Has enough technical understanding to help coordinate required activities between JiHu and GitLab Inc. For instance, understands repos and licensing
- Can speak English, Mandarin and read Simplified Chinese
- Can work with some overlap with PST and CST timezones. This role would likely be based somewhere in APAC. Not based in China.
- Ability to use GitLab
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook . Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page .
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.