If you desire to be part of something special, be part of a winning team, and be part of a fun team, winning is fun. We are looking for an EHS Officer in Eaton’s Electrical Business, based in LISP 3, Santo Tomas, Batangas. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage Environmental, Health and Safety risks in conjunction with the EHS manager at the Eaton Bussmann facility in order to avoid non-conformance with legal and other requirements while achieving EHS continuous improvement
Your essential responsibilities:
- Support EHS manager to establish the MESH system and maintain facility EHS Programs in order to sustain and demonstrate EHS continuous improvement
- Work on EHS compliance to legal and other requirements associated with regulatory, local and other requirements
- Supervise onsite EHS activities in order to ensure compliance with the EHS Permit requirement
- Work on MESH Suite/ SHMS in order to track and trend EHS data and utilize 3E Material Safety Data Sheet database in order to have accurate chemical inventory information
- Work with EHS manager to prepare, submit and distributes required reports in compliance with regulatory agencies in order to ensure timely submittals
- Monitor and follow EHS law and regulatory revisions and report to EHS manager for actions required
- Advises and counsels other departments with regards to regulatory compliance issues and keeps them informed of any changes or EHS program enhancements in order to ensure that other departments is able to make informed decisions with regards to EHS issues
- Assist EHS manager to arrange EHS training and support EHS manager to complete EHS integration task list on time and set up effective communication process to ensure that all functions are integrated into the EHS MESH system
- Coordinate specific Health & Safety projects as needed, such as machine guarding, industrial hygiene etc.
- Drive the Emergency Response Team in order to coordinates emergency response efforts
- Act as Pollution Control Officer of the plant and follows duties and responsibilities of the PCO in compliance with DAO 2014-02
- Assist EHS Manager to complete the EHS Task list on time-related to project expansions. This includes support to Management of Change deployment, training, and permits applications and follow-ups to regulatory agencies
- Performs required duties set out in Rule 1047 of the OSH Standards including acting as the site’s principal assistant in the application of programs to remove hazards from the workplace and correct unsafe work practices, conducting accident investigations and maintaining an accident record system, coordinating all health and safety training programs and conducting health and safety inspections
- Has the overall responsibility for chemical safety including but not limited to: performing regular inspections of the premises (labelling, storing, handling and disposal of chemicals), and providing training and advice regarding chemical safety rules and procedures in accordance to DO No. 136-14 Guidelines for the Implementation of Globally Harmonized System (GHS) in Chemical Safety Program in the Workplace
If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or above, engineering, medical or any related science course.
- At least 6-8 yrs. as EHS Officer in manufacturing companies (Electronics/ Semicon/ Mechatronics) with at least 800+ employees
- Pollution Control Officer experience
- Three years or Above Working Experience in a management position
- At least two years of solid 5S and EHS implementation experience
- Professional certifications as appropriate, such as Safety Engineering Certificate, Environmental
- Regulations certificate or other related certificates as required by regulatory agencies
- Good oral and written communication skills are required in the working environment
- Radiation Safety Certified
- IH Training Certification
Yes! Because you are the one, we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Environmental Health & Safety
Sto Tomas City Ph Loc
ELXD Electronics Business
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :104746