Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Workday HCM and Absence Management Certification.
- Experience conducting investigations and advising on/supporting local disciplinary and investigation processes.
- Experience establishing cross-functional relationships at all levels and geographies.
- Experience with stakeholder management in a global organization.
- Experience consulting directly with employees and management.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and complexity, and apply an intersectional lens to your work.
- Ability to operate with empathy, and diffuse/de-escalate challenging conversations/situations.
- Ability to collaborate across teams, regions, and timezones.
- Excellent communication, analytical, influencing, and writing skills with the ability to engage and support Mandarin-speaking customers to navigate industry standards.
About The Job
People Operations strives to revolutionize human resources the same way that Google has revolutionized search. We are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our Googlers. You'll be an advocate of Google's culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all people decisions are based on data. Whether coaching our clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our Googlers, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help Googlers understand how people decisions get made.
As a part of the Googler Experience team within People Operations, we are a forward thinking Employee Relations team that relies on both our subject matter expertise and empathy to help make a better Google by being there for Googlers in the moments that matter most. We conduct thorough and timely investigations into allegations of violations of Google HR policies, and review and advise on other workplace concerns to ensure fair treatment of all Googlers.
As an Employee Relations Partner, you will rely on your expertise of applicable employment laws and best practices to interpret and apply Google policies to address all workplace concerns. This will include matters that may violate Google’s HR policies as well as ensuring Googlers are being treated fairly and consistently in areas such as reorganizations, promotion, performance management, pay, and level.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Conduct fair, thorough, and timely investigations into allegations of violations of Google’s HR policies or local law and policies to ensure fair treatment of all employees.
- Advise Partner teams on local investigation processes, and advise on and support local disciplinary processes for non-HR policy violations.
- Advise on, and help to resolve other workplace concerns to determine the appropriate approach and to ensure fair treatment of all employees.
- Review and advise on complex performance management situations and fairness of decision-making and local processes for reorganizations and restructuring exercises.
- De-escalate and resolve matters as appropriate using empathetic listening and conflict resolution skills.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .