Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes manage, market and sell their products and services. With over 1.7 million merchants in more than 175 countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets. In order to provide our growing global merchant base with the best possible products and services, we continue to seek our world-class talent to join Shopify.
This role will sit in the Employer Brand Marketing team, a team focused on telling the world about Shopify's unique EVP and raising the global brand awareness of Shopify as a great place to work. is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Our preference is for this role to be based out of Singapore. However for the right candidate we will also consider Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China or India too.
As the Employer Brand Marketing Lead for the Employer Brand team in APAC, you’ll be responsible for supporting a wide range of recruitment marketing and talent attraction activities. You’ll work closely with Marketing and Growth Managers to help tell the world about Shopify’s unique employer value proposition. As we grow globally, and continue to support more merchants around the world, you will be instrumental in raising global brand awareness of Shopify as a top employer in the APAC region.
The Employer Brand Marketing team takes an integrated marketing approach and we don’t shy away from taking risks and trying new tactics.The ability to work in a fast paced environment, think creatively, problem solve, prioritise, project manage, and communicate with stakeholders will be the key to success in this role.
- Lead the development, creation, and execution of integrated marketing campaigns across multiple channels that focus on driving top of the funnel brand awareness, affinity, and familiarity.
- Develop localised EVP and key messaging that resonate deeply with our target talent audiences.
- Collaborate with the Employer Brand Creative team to produce photos, video, and other assets that help tell the unique story of life at Shopify.
- Research and evaluate events, sponsorships, and community opportunities to engage with talent.
- Partner with recruiting and other teams to organise IRL and virtual events and other experiential activities.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and discipline marketing teams (e.g. Engineering, Commercial, and Customer Support) to prioritise the right opportunities for Shopify to engage.
- Work closely with the public relations team on media opportunities, including top employer award submissions.
- Partner closely with regional leadership, talent acquisition, and other stakeholders to understand hiring priorities and needs.
- Manage an evolving marketing roadmap that includes all regional activities
- Identify and measure relevant metrics and report on performance
- Develop and manage a budget for all employer brand marketing regional initiatives
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an Employer Brand role.
- Strong copywriting skills and experience developing key messaging and narratives
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to thrive in change, while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills
- Experience conducting research and analysing data to create insights that inform strategy and operational decisions.
We understand that applying to a new role takes time and effort, and we thank you for this. If your experience is this close then please do consider applying.
This posting will close Friday 22 October 2021 at 5pm SGT
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialised people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.