Career Area:EngineeringJob Description:
Off-Highway Truck Configuration and Integration Engineer (Design Engineer)
Primary responsibilities include integrating designs from multiple system design teams, maintaining overall machine layout and arrangements, maintaining Bill of Material (BOM) structure including all attachments, predicting overall weight and center of gravity of machine, maintaining machine model stability, and maintaining dimensional and weight related shipping compliance. This position reviews design changes to ensure they are defect-free. This position collaborates closely with all supporting system design teams and with downstream supporting teams such as supply chain and manufacturing. This position also participates in Concurrent Process and Product Development (CPPD) meetings.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Pro/E or Creo modeling experience and an understanding of print reading.
- Experience with VisView
- 7+ years of relevant design or system integration experience
- Good knowledge of basic PC software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Capability to manage shifting priorities while maintaining good interpersonal skills in a team environment.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Experience TeamCenter software.
- Experience with Off-Highway Trucks.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .