GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute .
The Manager, Engineering (Reliability) leads an engineering team composed of SREs that is relentlessly focused on the reliability of GitLab's SaaS offerings. They see the team as their product. They emphasize building a world-class team and putting them in the optimal position to succeed. They own the delivery of product commitments and they are always looking to improve the productivity of their team. They must also coordinate across departments to accomplish collaborative goals.
The Manager, Infrastructure is a grade 8 .
- Recruit and retain an incredible team that lives our values
- Improve the happiness and productivity of the team
- Own Incident Response, Change Management, and Observability
- Hold regular 1:1's with team members
- Manage agile projects
- Work across departments within engineering to improve the quality, security, and performance of the product
- 2-5 years managing software engineering, SRE, DevOps, or similar teams
- Experience operating a consumer scale platform
- Experience with management of a globally-dispersed team
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Interest in open source and developer tools
- Exquisite communication skills
- Management at GitLab
- Online community participation
- Remote work experience
- Startup experience
- Significant open source contributions
Manager, Engineering (Infrastructure), Have The Following Job-family Performance Indicators
- GitLab.com Availability
- Hiring Actual vs Plan
- Infrastructure Cost per GitLab.com Monthly Active Users
- Infrastructure Cost vs Plan
- Handbook Update Frequency
- Team Member Retention
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $141,100 - $247,900 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity . Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law . If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation , please let us know during the recruiting process .