We are looking for an experienced enterprise architect with both technical expertise and business mindset to deliver an enterprise architecture that supports our ongoing digital transformation efforts at Proximity.
As an Enterprise Architect, you will bring a wealth of technology expertise and strategic mindset to bring digital transformation to our forward-thinking organization. You are a technical person with strong relationship building, leadership and strategic capability. You will play an essential role in designing Proximity’s enterprise architecture, architecture governance, and alignment between business and IT.
Once You’re Here, You Will:
- Plan, design and implement an effective enterprise architecture based on well-known EA frameworks to strengthen the digital and IT environment of Proximity, aligned with business strategies and goals. (This will include 1) Defining architecture principles 2) Defining roadmaps to achieve future state of enterprise architecture 3) Creating and maintaining architecture models and assets 4) Work closely with the Digital, Data and IT team to design and implement application, data and technology architectures. )
- Work with project teams and provide technical and architecture guidance to ensure solution designs are appropriate, innovative and compliant with governance frameworks and align with the Enterprise Architecture
- Drive consistency and alignment of enterprise architecture across the organization
- Evaluate and suggest improvements to internal functions, business processes and IT processes
- Keep up with technological changes and assess if the latest technologies are better suitable for the business needs.
- Communicate the value of the enterprise architecture to ensure buy-in from business/project owners
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree, preferably in an IT or related technical field
- At least 2 years of work experience as an enterprise architect
- Strong knowledge with EA methodologies and frameworks such as TOGAF; possessing a certification is a plus
- Experience in managing a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills
- Experience in modelling and graphic representations
- Strong collaborator and communicator, adept at communicating, both written and verbally, to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience working with cloud platforms/architecture is a plus
You’ll earn a competitive salary, with medical benefits, and incredible opportunities to develop your career. You can expect an annual impact bonus, an amazing office with the forward-thinking people and world-class training opportunities through Proximity School.
You’ll get to see more of the world, with the potential for international travel to conferences and events to keep your skills sharp.
And, ultimately, you’ll have the opportunity to change lives in Myanmar for the better, while doing ground-breaking work.
Proximity Designs is an award-winning social business in Myanmar. We design and deliver affordable, income-boosting products that complement the entrepreneurial spirit of rural families.
Launched in 2004, we’ve created Myanmar’s largest agricultural services platform — farm technology, advising and finance — to help small family farms be profitable. Across our platform, we’re now engaging with over 100,000 new customers a year, on top of the 550,000 we’ve already served. These families see an average of $250 annual income increase as a result — a life-changing amount for those living on less than $3 a day.
By using human-centered design, we listen, observe and learn from our customers. From this deep knowledge, we design and bring to market products and services to meet their changing needs. Today the scope of our network reaches nearly 80 percent of the farming population. We have customers in the Ayeyarwady Delta, Lower Myanmar, the central Dry Zone and the Shan hills.
Note: This position is remote-work based at the moment with the possibility of working from the Yangon office periodically in the future. Therefore, we require you to be physically present in Myanmar and have a stable internet connection for the role.
If you are interested in joining us, please submit us your CV and
cover letter to [email protected]