As an Enterprise Support Engineer, you will be assigned to work closely with our Enterprise customers, collaborate with engineering, product and professional services teams on responding, identifying, reproducing and resolving issues. You will actively contribute to our knowledge documentation, training materials, and project manage support requests with our Enterprise customers. As a key member of our customer success team, you will support our customers’ implementations and deliver customer loyalty through expert knowledge and great service. You will become an expert in Particle hardware and software platforms, while evangelizing Particle’s solutions to enable customers overcome challenging IoT problems.
To be successful in the role, you must have the necessary technical knowledge and people skills to work effectively with our customers. You have a growth mindset, a natural curiosity and a bias towards action. You understand the importance of customer metrics, you are self directed and can be depended on to deliver the highest quality of work and customer satisfaction.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support a global customer base via the community, email or ticketing systems
- Demonstrate ownership, follow-through with customers and drive issues to resolution
- Reproduce customer issues and test new product functionality
- Partner with customers to achieve their desired goals by illustrating best practices
- Actively collaborate with CSMs on driving customer net retention and loyalty
- Adhere to contractual SLAs for responsiveness
- Update and extend documentation
- Be on-call rotation for customers and our product team
- Enhance our offering by working with product and engineering to identify bugs and participate in developing workarounds prior to formal releases from the engineering team
- Communicate recurring issues, challenges, and roadblocks with fellow team members and products
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TEAM:
- 3-5 years experience in a customer-facing technical support position
- 2-3 years experience working with engineering on resolution of issues
- Minimum 3 years experience using Zendesk or equivalent issue management system
- 2 years experience contributing to knowledge base content
- Git or other version control systems experience
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong empathy for people facing technical challenges
- Knowledge in embedded development and troubleshooting
- Experienced with microcontroller based applications and wireless technologies
- Awareness of at least one scripting language (Node.js, Ruby/Rails, Python, Bash, etc.)
- IoT experience, working with APIs and software development is a plus
- Professional, personable, conscientious
- Troubleshooting different communication protocols (TCP, UDP), WebSockets, REST APIs
- Experience with mobile networking technologies (2G,3G,LTE, CAT M1, NB-IoT)
- Graduated with a technical degree
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.