Other People | Unpopular Quotes
Associate – Junior Level Apparel Fashion Designer / Product Developer
We’re a contemporary men’s and women’s apparel company owned by an American & European design duo. Our main direction is focused on men’s sartorial skate-wear and women’s contemporary apparel. The goal is to work locally in Vietnam to partner directly with artisan-owned businesses to develop and produce our designs.
What We Can Offer
- The opportunity to have stable work and remote work opportunities with a unique learning experience.
- To be mentored by skilled American and European designers.
This job requires candidates to be able to perform duties that include the following:
- Designing and developing product lines of umbrella brands.
- Draw, design, and develop new clothing samples, and create CADs and tech packs.
- Participate in meetings to discuss designs and line development, and present and review line and concepts regularly.
- Identify new opportunities relevant to the brands through market research.
- Manage new design and fit styles while also maintaining our standards for small production.
- Assist CEOs with communicating and translating to vendors on design, production, and other issues.
- Visiting and communicating with local Vietnamese factories
- Fabric and trim sourcing
- Must be based in Ho Chi Minh City
- Fluent in Vietnamese. Must know English.
- Have passion for the job, have high creativity, are always eager to learn, enthusiastic in work.
- Computer literacy: It's important to be competent in the use of software like Abode Photoshop or Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Creativity: You must be able to generate ideas for products.
- Artistic ability: A designer must be able to transform a design from an idea into a physical illustration and then, eventually, to a prototype on which the finished product will be based. You will also need a keen sense of style and color.
- Communication skills: They must be great communicators, which means listening, speaking, and interpersonal skills are essential. We will need you to help translate.
- Attention to detail: This trait will allow you to notice subtle differences in fabric colors and textures.
- Desire: You must be able to learn and collaborate with team members.
- Creative thinking: It helps if you can think creatively, and have the ability to identify trends.
- Flexibility: It's important to have the willingness to be flexible with regard to job responsibilities.
- Have open schedule – especially in the evenings and available on the weekends.
- Have your own transportation, we will reimburse mileage
- Work remotely
- Easy schedule
- Reimbursed mileage
- Phu Nhuan, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Experience level: 2+ years of experience
- Negotiable depending on skills, experience, & commitment
- Part-time with opportunity to Full-Time
- Must be available in evenings and weekends
- Graduated from Colleges or Universities majoring in Fashion Design, Garment and related fields.
Send CV to [email protected] or [email protected]