How Will You Make an Impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking to recruit an experienced clinical qPCR Field Applications Specialist (FAS) for South East Asia (SEA). The Field Applications Scientist is responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales technical support of Thermo Fisher Scientific products to clinical customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast-paced global Life Sciences organization, at what is an exciting time in the growth of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The incumbent will be based in Singapore.
What will you do?
The Field Application Scientist will be responsible for providing Scientific Expertise, Application Support and Training to Clinical customers. The incumbent will also partner our commercial team in pre-sales and post sales related customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively.
How will you get here?
- Provides round-the-clock and weekend support to clinical customers.
- Provides on-site support activities such as application training and troubleshooting.
- Perform remote support activities such as telephone and email support, troubleshooting and escalation process.
- Proactive follow-up support to Key Customers. Preparation and delivery of customer training. Preparation & Delivery of User Meetings.
- Coordinates cross-functional engagements for significant situations that require unique and/or urgent response from internal colleagues, channel partners and customer facing team members.
- Liaise with Field Services team to provide seamless hardware and application support to customers.
- Performs product demonstrations at customer or company sites.
- Accompanies Sales Representatives on sales calls in customers' laboratories to provide technical and application support.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific regionally and at seminars and trade shows presenting Thermo Fisher Scientific products to a wide array of audiences.
- Generate and record opportunities related to the Thermo Fisher Scientific workflow including Service contracts and training.
- May be required to support other portfolios, perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- BSc in Biology or related Biological Science discipline
- MS or PhD is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Requires minimum 3 years of laboratory or related work hands-on technical experience
- Extensive experienced in Real-Time PCR – principle, workflow and troubleshooting. Experience in Sanger Sequencing is preferred.
- Understanding of:
Assay Design, Optimization and Validation;
Instrument Operation and Troubleshooting;
Software and Data Analysis.
- Previous hands-on experience in Applied Biosystems / Life Technologies Real-Time PCR instrumentation and Software is preferred
- Previous experience in a clinical lab environment, with knowledge of regulatory compliance (eg, CAP, ISO13485) is preferred
- Previous experience in a support or training-related position is preferred.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to provide prompt round the clock and weekend support to clinical customers is a must.
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple urgent priorities
- Fluent English language skills – oral and written. Additional language skills welcome but not mandatory.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 50% frequency.
- Computer and internet literate.