Sartorius has an exciting opportunity for a remote-based Field Application Specialist in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area to support our Fluid Management Technology business as well as business growth in potentially other states such as FL, GA, AL, TN. As the Field Application Specialist, you will be responsible for offering product expertise, application knowledge and technical support along each step of customer's process. Your main missions are to ensure successful design, validation and implementation of our products by supporting sales for product design, product positioning and demonstration, and supporting customers for application development work, initial startups and training.
What You Will Accomplish Together With Us
- Support the Sales organization on existing products through product presentations, demonstrations and application studies, and on new products in close collaboration with product management through beta site testing, demonstrations and information gathering.
- Support Sales in the customer process and URS analysis; drive business by strategizing with assigned Account Managers the generation of product demos and other activities according to customer and business need.
- Assist customers for product installations and initial start-up; ensure the training of the customer on the given technology.
- Assist the Company by occasionally assisting with the training of other field Application Specialists and the Sales organization on assigned technologies and/or processes.
- Support Quality Department in the quality complaint process by troubleshooting and analyzing customer processes for better investigation and resolution.
- Report on competitor products and feedback information to the Application Specialist; Fluid Management and Product Management Teams.
- Effectively interface with product/project/division management
- Interact at various levels (sales, technical, users) within our internal structure as well as our end users
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Computer proficient in Windows-based software package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Self-motivated and a self-starter; strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize projects and multitask at high level of efficiency
What Will Convince Us
- Bachelor's in biological engineering or biotechnology
- 2+ years biopharmaceutical/biotech industry experience within MSAT, cGMP Manufacturing, and/or Tech Transfer Teams
- Single-use experience highly valued
- Up to 50% travel required
- Identification with our core values: Sustainability, Openness, Enjoyment
What We Offer
Sartorius’ ambition is to simplify progress in the bio-pharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. Nearly 10,000 employees at more than 60 sites are working together on achieving our goal: Better health for more people. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Enjoy the advantages of working with a global player:
- Opportunity for international career development: a global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
- Open and highly collaborative culture: mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
- Work-life balance: Working from home at many sites
- Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years and expects to grow its global team to approximately 15,000 people in 2025.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here .
E-Verify Participation Info
E-Verify Workers Rights
We look forward to receiving your application.
Sartorius is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling +1 631 254 4249 ext 8330 or via e-mail at [email protected]
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
Further insights into our world of work can be found here .