Requisition ID: req9212
Job Title: Field Manager
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Rathedaung, Myanmar
With the growing IRC portfolio in Rathedaung, the Field Manager will support the IRC programs and projects in Rathedaung and liaise with key and relevant stakeholders including government actors, INGO and civil society organizations to facilitate timely service delivery. The Field Manager will act as the IRC Focal Point for any external meetings including meeting with local authorities and humanitarian actors in Rathedaung. He/she is responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationships with township authorities and village leaders. He supports programs and visitors in getting travel authorizations and seeks any access approvals from township authorities. The Field Manager will serve as Rathedaung Safety and Security Focal Point, prepare or update Rathedaung Security management plan and Security Risk Assessment.
External representation, coordination and reporting
Foster strong working relationships with key and relevant actors including Township Administrator, Township Medical Officer, Village Administrators, Police, UN, INGO and local NGO
Facilitate field visits for donors, government officials and the IRC senior management team in Rathedaung
Participate in external coordination meetings with INGO and government actors and share minutes of the meetings
Prepare and submit weekly movement plans to government agencies upon request.
Provide weekly or bi-weekly updates with Sittwe field management on programs, access and security issues.
Ensure that the approved Travel Authorizations (TA) are shared with relevant authorities including Rathedaung GAD, Village Track Administrators and Village Administrators before staff undertake any activities
Ensure that activities are carried out according to the approved work plans
Support programs in preparing and submitting monthly work plans to the government liaison for Travel Authorization request’s purpose
Rathedaung Field Manager will report to the Rakhine Field Coordinator and will directly supervise Rathedaung’s operations (Supply Chain, HR, Admin, IT) and finance staff in Rathedaung Office and ensure IRC policy and procedures are in line.
He/she will have a dotted line management to Rathedaung based program leads in the office in terms of administration and security related.
Organize monthly inter-department meeting to discuss operational challenges and keep records of all meetings. And join meeting in Sittwe when necessary.
Ensure an efficient and rational use of IRC resources including internet, IT equipment and other assets in line with the IRC policy and relevant SOPs.
Ensure operations staff keeps track on office and guesthouses’ contracts
Manage Rathedaung field office operational budget—Prepare spending plans and participate in developing the Rakhine operational budget –
Ensure that the IRC policies, procedures and SOP are shared and followed across all sectors
Ensure Rathedaung based staff submit their timesheets on time
Movement plan and tracker shall be updated and shared to Security Focal Person in Sittwe.
Ensure all staff in Rathedaung are shared any IRC related information on time such as policy, SOPs, Memo, security information, etc.
Report and advise Rakhine Field Coordinator in Sittwe on any access issue in Rathedaung
Prepare and submit the monthly operational report to Rakhine Field Coordinator
Ensure that all safety and security related incidents are reported in a timely manner
Safety and Security and humanitarian access
Provide security orientation to any new joined staff and recorded within one week of arrival.
Ensure security briefing is provided to any visitors and new IRC staff to Rathedaung within latest 48 hours before travel to any location in Rathedaung.
Monitor the security trend through various sources including social media and check-ins with key contacts at township and village levels and share updates with the Field Coordinator
Act as Rathedaung safety and security focal point
Ensure that all incidents are reported, analyzed and actions taken where necessary.
Facilitate the security risk assessment and update security management plans, SOPs and contingency plans including relocation/hibernation/evacuation plans.
Maintain the emergency contacts’ database with up to date information for all staff based in Rathedaung. Update and periodically test the calling tree.
Conduct periodic security equipment check and ensure safety equipment are available and in good condition at offices and in vehicles.
Provide security management trainings to all staff.
- Bachelor’s and preferably Master’s degree or equivalent in Management or project management.
- Possessed at least (5) years’ experience working with humanitarian organizations and preferably with INGO.
- Have at least (2) years’ experience working and living in Rakhine State, preferably in Minbya Township.
- Proven experience in establishing and cultivating good working relationships with government authorities at both district, township and village levels.
- Previous training and/or experience in safety and security management strongly preferred.
- Previous working experience managing an office and a diverse team.
- Minimum 2 years financial management experience.
- Possess strong public relation record.
- Experience working in complex security and sensitive settings.
Demonstrated Skills And Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and as the member of a team.
- Excellent communications skills in order to effectively present detailed information and respond to questions in a professional manner.
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively lead a team and to provide supervision and mentoring to multiple staff.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time pressure and tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with PC based software – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Possess diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Myanmar required---written and spoken fluency in Rakhine a plus .
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.