Work Type/s: Part Time (Approximately 20 hours per week - Will vary according to project schedule)
Location/s: Hanoi, Northern Vietnamt
Salary: Negotiated (+ESOP) As we are are currently in the fundraising phase, we are looking for people who are happy to work on a part cash, part equity split basis.
AgUnity Response is an Australian-based but fully global start-up of industry-leading professionals who are currently prototyping and deploying an MVP platform for immediate piloting in the field as part of a local and global COVID-19 mitigation strategy (see more here: www.agunity.com/response).
AgUnity Response is the subsidiary of AgUnity Pty Ltd, an award-winning social enterprise founded in 2016, working to change the lives of over 2-billion low-income farmers worldwide. AgUnity helps farmers to lift themselves out of poverty with a smartphone and blockchain platform to improve communication, trust, and food supply chains (see more here: https://youtu.be/72PCVi_DEqY).
“Keep the team unified, and you shall always succeed.” Master Splinter, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Strong ownership ethic
- Clear communication skills
- Drama-averse/no-nonsense focus to get-the-job-done
- Ownership, integrity, focus… did we mention ownership?!?
- Lightning-speed distillation of complexity into essential critical-path activities
- Communication nexus, fixer, confidant: Erin Brockovich meets Mary Poppins
- You have ‘Plan A – Z’ mapped out in your head before most people even recognize the problem
The Task at Hand
Must be able to self-manage and motivate, and take a list of ‘nice to haves’ or issues and turn them into ‘concretely delivered beyond highest expectations.’
Be in the mission for the long game to witness rapid iteration and tactical problem-solving turning into strategic global improvement, enhancing the quality of life and overall well-being of all humans.
Be willing to step up to the task at hand, enjoy the grind, and keep pushing until the “Eureka!” moment, then get back into the next great battle.
You are an experienced field officer who possesses great interpersonal, organisational and communication skills. You are ready to work with a wide range of stakeholders to get the job done.
You may have been in a rodeo that got ugly but you got back on the rails by your will, skill and flexible mind - Don’t even try to jump into this pool if you can’t swim like a dolphin!
Fluent spoken English and Swahili and clear business communications writing is required for this role.
Some familiarity with the “Technology for Good” scene is beneficial, but not required.
Field Officer - Vietnam
We are looking for an experienced field officer based in Northern Vietnam who is willing to travel to work with our users along the Da River. In this role, you will be working with a wide range of stakeholders ranging from Program and Technical team members to fisherfolk and coops. We will be looking to you to work with relevant stakeholders to collect and synthesise data from our users, coordinate the deployment of hardware in the region and conduct training sessions whilst displaying sufficient project coordination skills (i.e. manage budgeting, invoicing and expenditures).
Skills & Experience
- Three years’ experience in community development, preferably in an agricultural field
- Experienced in conducting trainings for rural communities
- Experience working with NGOs and/or the fish supply chain industry stakeholders
- Working knowledge of ICT and digital technologies
- Strong organisational and project management skills and sound business acumen
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- English and local Vietnamese communication skills is a must
- Available to communicate via email and Whatsapp (or similar app) whilst in the field
- Experience in administration, operations and logistics is highly desirable
- Work with Program Coordinator and field partner to confirm business model sequence and details of project participants (fisherfolk and processors)
- Identify extension officers to assist in training and project implementation
- Synthesize collected data (by field partner) and map user experience journey
- Collect essential data needed by developer team, in consultation with Program Director and Program Coordinator
- Assist Field Partner and AgUnity team with delivery and deployment of hardware
- Arrange venue and logistics for training sessions
- Conduct training sessions for extension officers and project participants
- Collect data and evidence throughout the project implementation (photos, impact stories, etc.) and work with program officer to report on, monitor and evaluate the project
- Liaise with potential assistants for media capture on ground (bloggers, vloggers, groups at field partner)
- Manage budget, file invoices and acquit for all expenditure during field operations
- Assist Program Coordinator with developing training and media materials (e.g. translating materials into Vietnamese, or for other services, as required)
What's in it for you
This is a fully agile, fast-paced position with meaningful responsibilities and room for growth. This role is suitable for someone looking to truly put their stamp on an organisation and make a real difference in the world.
We offer flexible working arrangements and are happy to work with the needs of successful applicants.
You can enjoy being a part of a supportive team of like-minded professionals.