About the Organisation
Cardno is a global consulting organisation that manages projects for major donors, delivering aid work in various disciplines such as education, health, governance, resource and environment management and infrastructure. Our work expands across Europe, Latin and North America, Asia, the Pacific and Africa. With over 6,000 staff worldwide, our vision is to be a world leader in the provision of professional services to improve the physical and social environment.
About the Program
ASEAN–Australia Counter Trafficking (ASEAN-ACT) continues Australia’s long running collaboration with ASEAN and its member states to end human trafficking in our region. The program will principally work on strengthening the justice sector response to human trafficking, while opening up new partnerships with allied government agencies, civil society and business. It will engage all 10 ASEAN Member States in some capacity and will continue national-level programming in Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
The Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) will support the Operations Manager (OM) and the Country Manager (CM) in a range of activities which may include finances, administration, logistics, and human resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
The FAO will work closely with the Country Manager and Operations Manager and is a member of the Myanmar Country Team.
The FAO will work in a timely and detailed manner to ensure ASEAN-ACTs financial data is complete, accurate and complies with the programs policies and procedures. The position will work closely with the Country Manager, Operations Manager, and the Hub team in support with administration, finances, and logistics as required. Specifically, the FAO will:
- Budget Management
- Work closely with the CM and OM, manage the country program and activity budget;
- Policies and Procedure
- Under the direction of the OM ensure internal controls are adhered to and policies and procedures as per the Operations Manual are implemented;
- Prepare vouchers for cash and bank transactions and record transactions in MYOB accounting program in a timely manner;
- Monitor and maintain the advance payment system;
- Reconcile the bank and petty cash accounts monthly as per the month end timetable;
- Prepare the monthly finance report as per the month end timetable and submit it to the OM;
- Provide required financial and administrative data and reports to the OM as required;
- Assist the OM in responding to any Cardno or DFAT audit requests;
- Cash Management
- Process petty cash payments and acquittals, banking, transfers and payments;
- Prepare monthly requests for the program funds;
- Correspond with banks on financial matters and inform OM about all activities regarding the bank transactions;
- Office management
- Establish, purchase, and maintain an inventory of essential office consumables such as office supplies and stationery;
- Manage the program office files, ensuring all expenditure has adequate supporting documents as per the Operations Manual;
- Scan all files and upload to OneDrive each month as part of the month end process;
- Manage assets and all procurement including purchasing, assets register, physical of asset check, disposal, and hand-over of fixed assets;
- Coordinate and manage staff insurance with the Cardno corporate team if application and notify the OM of all insurance policy changes;
- Working closely with the OM, ensure office asset insurance is up to date;
- Arrange and coordinate logistics for program related travel including airfares, accommodation, and transport, and liaise with the Logistics Coordinator to provide updates of bookings where required.
- Activity support
- Provide logistics support that relates to training, workshops and meetings.
- Liaise with country teams and management to confirm and book venues for program activities
- Support the Country Team with workshop materials and set up workshop venue.
- Manage the payment process of travel allowance to counterparts in accordance with the Operations Manual;
- Support the Country Team at events, trainings or other program activities to ensure quality delivery and high standards.
- Ensure compliance with DFAT core policies, including but not limited to Disability and Child Protection Policy.
- Other duties as directed by the OM.
- Post-secondary or tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, such as financial management, accounting, or public administration is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, preparing budgets and expenditure reports
- Good interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills and able to maintain good relationships with colleagues and external counterparts and stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated experience in assisting to organise meetings and events including arranging travel and logistics;
- Ability to work under pressure whilst ensuring accuracy and attention to detail; and
- Proficiency in written and oral English and Myanmar language.
How to Apply
Interested applicant must submit:
- Curriculum vitae
- Applicants should clearly indicate FAO - Myanmar. Application shall be submitted by e-mail to [email protected]
- Comprehensive TOR: https://bit.ly/39kYORD
Deadline of Applications: 5PM Yangon time, 7th February 2021
ASEAN-ACT is committed to achieving workplace diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individual from minority groups, indigenous groups, People with a disability, women and ASEAN nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates under positive consideration will be notified.
Amendments to the position’s Terms of Reference may be made during the period of the engagement as required.