Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within The Delegated Authority And Under The Guidance Of The NCD Coordinator For Myanmar, The Finance & Administration Specialist Will Carry Out The Following Tasks
The purpose of this assignment is to establish and maintain efficient administrative systems and control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the day-to-day financial, administrative, and human resource functions of the office.
- Ensure compliance with financial internal controls, and ensure that transactions are processed, and assets managed in accordance with UNITAR Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Prepare monthly/annual accounts closure, including bank reconciliations and submission of timely and accurate reports to headquarters.
- Develop and monitor field office budgets.
- Ensure provision of professional services from vendors/suppliers in an efficient manner.
- Assist in the procurement process to ensure compliance with UNITAR procurement policy and procedures.
- Oversee recruitment and appointments of local General Service staff and administer field staff entitlements and claims.
- Provide training and advice on human resource, financial and administrative issues.
- Support the office on audit, financial risk management and fraud prevention issues.
- Manage all events organized by the office.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Master's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related areas from an accredited and recognized academic institution is required.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Experience in managing financial reporting to multiple donors of a development programme.
- Relevant work experience in at least two of the following areas: accounting, procurement, human resource management.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain.
- Sound security awareness.
- Have affinity with or interest in public health, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- Knowledge in using project management tool Asana (https://asana.com) on a daily basis is required for this assignment. Certification as an Asana Certified Pros (https://academy.asana.com/series/certified-pro-courses) or Asana Ambassador (https://academy.asana.com/series/asana-ambassador-courses) is preferred. Completion of relevant courses on Asana Academy (https://academy.asana.com) in order to enrol on the Asana Ambassador programme is required within one month of starting this assignment.
- UNITAR prefers the volunteer to be self-sufficient and arrange to be equipped with the requisite professional tools and equipment to carry out this assignment such as laptop with standard Adobe and Microsoft Office software, and a mobile phone.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Burmese(Optional), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Other finance, economics and administration related experience Driving license: No Competencies values:
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup .
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile .
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Myanmar and legal residents in Myanmar with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 29 November 2020