1.Ensures implementation of operational and financial management strategies, and adapts processes and procedures, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system.
- CO Finance business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance, control of the workflows in the Finance Unit.
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management projects.
- Elaboration of the framework and conditions of contributions within the CO resources mobilization efforts.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions. Informs supervisors and other UNDP staff at Headquarters of the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
2. Manages the project budgets and organizes an optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Financial resources management through planning, guiding, controlling of the resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets of management projects.
- Establishment of the development management projects’ budgets preparation/modification monitoring system, control of budgetary status versus authorized spending limits (ASL) and budgets delivery levels.
- Sending project budget to KK if authorized by the Senior Management (can be done only on the basis of signed prodocs and project budgets).
- Elaboration of proper mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in budget management.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills for the services provided by UNDP.and ensure timely recovery.
3.Ensures proper control of CO accounts focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration of the internal expenditures’ control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; payrolls are duly prepared; MPOs, travel claims and other entitlements are duly processed, receipting of goods and services and establishment of accruals are properly done in compliance with IPSAS and UNDP policies and procedures..
- Manager level 1 in Atlas.
- Control of accounts closure.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers. Timely response to HQ requests to resolve financial data issues.
- Control of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and maintenance of the General Ledger.
- Ensure quarterly, half yearly and annual aacout closing as per the instrucition of HQ and prepare report accordingly.
4. Ensures proper CO cash management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements. Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions. Provision of information to supervisors and other UNDP staff at HQ on the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
- Daily review of zero-balance account bank statements in Atlas to monitor imprest level; identification and record of contributions.
- Primary contact with local bank management on routine operational matters including negotiation of exchange rate on replenishments.
- Member of bank signatory panel.
- Approval and submission of monthly UN exchange rate reports to Treasury
- Timely and accurate approval of bank reconciliation, including documented review of exceptions.
- Initiation of bank transfers and deals, selecting bank transfers and deals for approval and settlement.
- Performing Paycycle manager role in Atlas
- Timely preparation of monthly cashflow forecast . Liaison with UN Agencies to obtain estimate of their cash requirements.
- Close monitoring of Petty Cash Funds and Project Cash Advances and ensure timely liquidation.
- Role as cashier for cash disbursements made on site.
5.Facilitates team building, ensures knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO and guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Facilitates day-to-day functioning of the Finance team and ensures effective performance management and staff learning to motivate and promote organizational excellence and client service.
- Organizes and delivers training for programme support/programme/projects staff on financial management and RBM.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Finance.
- Provides and encourages contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.