Reference Number: 2110002_SIT_Finance and Administration Manager
Salary Grade: B3
Reports to: Head of Sub Delegation
Duty Station: Sittwe
Application Deadline: 25 October 2021
Start Date: 01 December 2021
The ICRC Finance and Administration Department is looking for a Finance and Administration Manager to be based in its Sittwe Sub-Delegation. S/he oversees and manages all financial resources and administrative activities, including management of premises and staff travel, in close coordination with the Management of Sittwe Sub-delegation. S/he is responsible for the integrity of financial and analytical accounting and for reporting from the field. S/he also acts as the technical supervisor of the Administrator based in Mrauk-U. The position is supervised by the Deputy Finance & Administration Coordinator based in Yangon.
• Internally, interacts with the Head of Sub-delegation, Sittwe and with the Head of Office, Mrauk U. S/he is under the technical supervision of the Finance & Administration Department in Yangon.
• Externally, interacts with financial authorities (tax authorities, bank personnel), landlords, suppliers, and heads of finance of other NGOs.
- Responsible for the financial management and administrative activities of the sub delegation;
- Ensures that the ICRC’s financial rules and procedures are well implemented, explained and understood by all in the sub-delegation;
- Plans and closely controls the treasury of the sub-delegation including cash flows and bank accounts
- Ensures the quality of accounting and of financial reporting and leads the monthly and annual financial close processes;
- Supports the heads of departments and management in ensuring that expenses are within the budget and assists in preparing and analyzing financial reports;
- Oversees the office setup of the sub-delegation and the accommodation of international staff, with the help of the Administration team;
- Ensures adequate premises setup and conditions, including office equipment and furniture in accordance with the ICRC standards and policies.
- Represents the ICRC on negotiations and discussions with suppliers, landlords, bank managers, and other external interlocutors
- Supervises the organization of arrivals and departures of ICRC staff and visitors, including their travel, accommodation and administrative needs;
- Supervises and coaches the members of the ICRC Administration Team in Sittwe and the Administrator based in Mrauk-U in their daily tasks and in their career development;
- Assures those internal control procedures are respected in the sub-delegation.
Requirements and experiences
- You should have a relevant certificate with at least 5-6 years’ experience in business administration, finance/accounting/controlling or human resources, or hospitality management
- A certificate and experience in internal audit (CIA or similar) is an asset.
- An excellent interpersonal, management, coordination and negotiation skills are a necessity for the position. .
- You should have excellent knowledge of accounting software and computer proficiency
- Excellent communication skills, and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Previous ICRC experience is a strong asset.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work, and proactive attitude;
- Effective communication and listening skills;
- People person and genuine sense of empathy;
- Autonomous and adaptable, with ability to interact collaboratively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- A unique and rewarding opportunity to help the victims of violence in a fast-paced environment;
- Initial training and on-boarding organized;
- A 12-month contract extendable;
- A competitive compensation package including medical coverage and transportation allowances;
- A training opportunity to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members’ professional and personal development.
Interested to join us?
Please submit your application (Motivation letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), relevant certificates, 3 referees and salary expectation) ) with your police clearance (not older than 1 month) by email (not exceeding 5MB) to:
Please indicate Reference Number 2110002_SIT_Finance and Administration Manager in the email subject.
Kindly send your application no later than 25 October 2021. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks after the application closing date. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of ethnicity, race, gender, disability or age as part of the recruitment policy of the ICRC.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our HR Officer,
For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org and https://www.icrc.org/en/where-we-work/asia-pacific/myanmar